Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

print cooling fan direction

Posted by Veesta 
print cooling fan direction
June 17, 2016 12:39PM
Hi there,

Do i need to put some kind of funnel to the print cooling fan to direct the airflow to the nozzle or is it OK to just place the fans blowing gently in the nozzle's general direction?

I have MK8 (ish) extruder and built a simple print cooling fan bracket by making a T from flat aluminum rod and attached 2 x 40mm fans to it.
This "T" shaped thingy is connected to barrel with M6 nut to keep it (and the barrel) in place.

If the airflow needs to be directed at the nozzle, i have been playing with the idea of using air compressor and maybe 5mm brass tube. tongue sticking out smiley
Re: print cooling fan direction
June 22, 2016 11:36AM
Hi Veesta,

It depends on the part you are printing. If you have very pronounced overhang angle, you might want to use a very focused air flow at the nozzle. Smaller parts will also need a very focused cooling.

Larger parts can benefit from a less precise cooling since the movement of the print head will end up cooling it eventually.

It is better to have a 360° cooling around the hotend, because if you don't, you will have a difference in part quality depending on the orientation.

DYZE DESIGN
Hotends, Extruders, Liquid Cooling and Accessories.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login