Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1x2 Extruder Recommendations

Posted by spthirtythree 
1x2 Extruder Recommendations
May 14, 2012 03:35PM
Hey guys,

First post - but not my first time on these forums. Thanks for all the useful info so far. Anyway...

I'm working towards finishing a 1x2 repstrap that I started last year, using what remains of Mr. Kim's instructions. I'm looking for a good overview of what my options for extruders/hot ends are. I know there's a list at
[objects.reprap.org] and there are some plans for a 1x2 "scoop extruder," although they're incomplete like the rest of the 1x2 plans. I apologize if this has already been asked, but the info on this topic seems, at best, confusing.

My question is this: what extruder should I buy/build? Is there a guide somewhere that outlines some of the most popular options?

Background info: I have a mitre saw, and a drill press. I don't know what material and diameter I want to print with yet, but probably 1.75mm PLA (I think?). I want to get this (mostly) right the first time, at the best price.

Thanks for the help!
Brandon
Re: 1x2 Extruder Recommendations
May 16, 2012 02:31PM
nothing? gee dangit.

well, for the record, i'll probably go with the 1x2 wood extruder by mr. kim, even though the documentation is lousy. if anyone wants to add any thoughts, comments, or experiences, it's still more than welcome.

brandon
May 25, 2012 08:32PM
There are designs for a "sliced wooden" version of wade's extruder on thingiverse. The tricky part will be getting gears for it. Honestly, your best option would be to buy an extruder kit, either on ebay, or from a vendor.

Also, note that extruder kits usually don't include the hot end, so you might want to check out makergear's store.
June 04, 2012 07:57PM
yes! exactly what i was looking for. thank you.

droftarts
Yet another extruder design, but this one is designed to be built with simple tools for tightfisted repstrappers like me, who want to build it themselves, not just buy it. It's about the journey...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login