Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Irrigation Syringes and Needle Bottles

Posted by degroof 
Irrigation Syringes and Needle Bottles
March 17, 2008 10:33AM
I recently had a couple wisdom teeth pulled. One of the things they gave me was a Monoject 412 syringe to keep the sockets clean. It looks like this:

It's 12cc, with a curved, tapered nozzle. It looks like it would be handy for extruding paste.

I did a search on "monoject 412" and found that a lot of craft places sell these: [www.google.com]

While looking at that, I also found something called a "needle bottle": [www.google.com]
Re: Irrigation Syringes and Needle Bottles
March 17, 2008 10:55AM
Nice find on that needle bottle, Steve. Heretofore, I've had to go to veterinarian supply companies to get syringes and needles to apply things like solvents. I've never quite been able to understand how if you go into a pharmacy and try to buy a standard 5 ml syringe and #24 needle the silly nitwits call the police even when you tell them what you want it for while in the very same city you'll find the local health office handing out the same damned thing to drug addicts for free. moody smiley
March 17, 2008 11:00AM
Haha! Forest, have you had the cops called on you for trying to buy syringes?! That's f'in crazy!!!
March 17, 2008 11:47AM
It's illegal here in California to sell syringes without a prescription in a pharmacy. You can buy the same damned thing from a farm supply store without a question being asked. Nobody ever accused anybody in the California state legislature of being Mr Brain, though. That's why we have so many referendums here. It's because our legislators are too stupid, corrupt and cowardly to pass anything more complicated in the way of new laws than either giveaway programmes or laws to make more things crimes. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 17, 2008 12:03PM
I've run into the same thing here in NC. I needed a 1cc syringe to give oral meds to a budgie. The pharmacy had them but they couldn't sell them to me because they came with a needle attachment and I didn't have a prescription. Nevermind that I didn't actually need the needle.
March 17, 2008 01:46PM
Farm supplies stores, that's the ticket. They all sell animal medicines and the equipment to administer them. Found about all that when I owned an appie. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 18, 2008 03:59AM
Steve

Viktor and I had a discussion re some of this a while back. Viktor suggested using deposition syringes, nozzles and needles (the ends are blunt rather than pointed for insertion through something)

They are available in a huge range of sizes and bores very cheaply (ie per item cost as they usually supply in packs of 100 or so) from folk who supply mainly to the surface mount electronic industry.

The syringes also come in pneumatic versions for controlled deposition.

I had a rummage around on the internet and found I could even get them here in the Ultra Paranoid Nanny State UK.

Luer Lock is the type of Nozzle and Needle fitting on the end of the syringe useful to make sure that high viscosity pastes etc don't blow the needle/nozzle off.

Hope this helps

Cheers

aka47

Necessity hopefully becomes the absentee parent of successfully invented children.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login