Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spam in the Russian Language Forum

Posted by SebastienBailard 
Spam in the Russian Language Forum
February 13, 2010 01:50PM
Don't forget to "Report" Spam! using the Reply Quote Report button.

Please email me if you report spam and I don't delete it.

Also, let me know if you need a RUG for the city where you live, like "St. Petersburg RUG".

English to Russian translation smiling smiley

Не забудьте Пожаловаться на спам! с помощью кнопки Report.

Пожалуйста, напишите мне, если вы сообщите спам, и я не удалит его.

Кроме того, дайте мне знать, если вам нужен RUG для города, где вы живете.

Thanks,

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Re: Spam in the Russian Language Forum
February 22, 2010 08:47PM
I've been nailing a lot of it.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thomas A. Edison
February 24, 2010 06:15PM
Likewise. I think a spambot just loooooves this forum. Which hurts the people that use it. sad smiley

We've got a server-side filter plugged in, but it isn't good enough. I'll look into it. Also, we get a lot of spam as "Unapproved messages". Forrest, do you know what is happening there?
VDX
February 25, 2010 03:15AM
... last year we had much spam and bot-intruders in the other forums, what seems to be solved now ... this year i flagged 5 or 6 spams in this forum, but it seems to be much more, so maybe it's actually the 'main target' of some spammers confused smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 23, 2010 03:09PM
One of the problems with the spam botnet that keeps 'pinging' us is that the IP address and spam keywords are different every time, so there is no distinct "signature". If there was, I'd ban that signature and the spam would go away.

In other news I just deleted a spam advertising gangsta rap in the Plastic Mendel Parts for Sale forum.

The main problem is that spambots self-replicate even faster than then Mendels do. We'll have to work on that. grinning smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
VDX
April 27, 2010 08:29AM
... or adopt this behaviour as "RepSpam" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login