Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone interested in a North Hampshire meet?

Posted by droftarts 
Anyone interested in a North Hampshire meet?
August 23, 2011 09:45AM
I'm based in rural Hampshire, in Four Marks, near Alton. I'm a long way from anywhere, but I have lots of indoor space for a meet, probably space for 10 machine setups on long tables, to help people come together to troubleshoot problems, exchange ideas, trade/sell parts, see a reprap for the first time (something I didn't do until I'd built one!). I can probably even provide tea, coffee and all-important biscuits. Within 1 hour's driving distance are Southampton, Portsmouth, Guildford, Reading, Basingstoke, Andover and Winchester. Thinking about late September, perhaps a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon/evening. I have a working repstrap and a part built Prusa at the moment (should be finished by then). I'm also interested in building a CNC router table. I wouldn't want it to be a drop in event; I'd prefer to know who's coming. Interested? Suggestions? PM me if you're shy!
Re: Anyone interested in a North Hampshire meet?
August 23, 2011 12:51PM
Very interested!

Andrew

Based in Slough, United Kingdom
Hello
Yes i am very interested in meeting other makers of reprap m/c. Currently working on a prusa m/c. My location is near Ringwood.

Derek
August 26, 2011 09:38AM
Hi Derek, probably best if you sign up for the forum! Lovely part of the world, the New Forest. I've put some information in my sig, so hopefully a few more people will answer and it will be worth doing. I may go through the 'Where are you?' forum and PM a few people directly if they are local. Though there are forums for Southampton and Portsmouth areas, they seem a rather quiet.
September 01, 2011 04:50PM
Nice part of the world, and with your very own heritage steam railway station..... smileys with beer

We are also trying to get something together in Reading.

See [tvreprap.eventbrite.com]

We have a reasonable amount of interest - more than 30 people.

This has several consequences, depending on how many want to actually build machines. The one that has made me post here is that I wondered if we could point people from North Hampshire in your direction if we end up oversubscribed?

The other thought is whether we could get economies in purchasing if we bought stuff together?

Regards,
Malcolm
September 06, 2011 05:28AM
Hi Malcolm. I can hear the steam train whistle of the Watercress Line from my house!
I still haven't had much in the way of responses, apart from what you see above. So I'm happy to hook up with you, come along and help out, bring my repraps along, direct people to you etc. There is also a nascent hackerspace in Reading, though I'm not sure how active it is, though I see they've already been talking about you! [groups.google.com]
September 06, 2011 06:21AM
Thanks.

It would be great to see you and anyone else that you know.

As well as the eventbrite page, there is now quite an active TV RepRap Google Group

Regards,
Malcolm
September 10, 2011 02:16PM
Hello

Yes i am very interested in meeting other makers of reprap m/c. and CNC machine maker

Currently working on 1st prusa type m/c

. My location is Cwmbran, South Wales, but i am very happy to drive to the Southampton area for a meet if the date are ok

Paul
September 13, 2011 05:04AM
There doesn't seem to be too much interest, so I am not expecting to host a meeting this month. I would suggest anyone in the area who wants to meet up heads for the Reading meet on the 27th September that Malcolm is sorting out (see posts by Alianmac above). I have signed up for it!
[tvreprap.eventbrite.com]

@Paul - there's a West of England User Group that has just started meeting, far more convenient for you I think! See this post - [forums.reprap.org]

@Derek - you might be better off getting in touch with the Southampton and Portsmouth groups. I don't know how active they are, though.
October 03, 2011 07:12AM
I'm sure you have seen the post [forums.reprap.org] about the Thames Valley RepRap User Group launch. The TV is a nebulous place and we extend our welcome to anyone who can travel to Reading for the meetings. Given ready access via train and car this extends the distance a long way. Our plans are currently going on at [groups.google.com] though we are planning to migrate here asap.

Regards, Mike
October 03, 2011 08:02AM
Update please, been away

Any news on 3D printer meetings in North Hamshire area, Wales or any where within driving distance ?

I am on MODE TWO of my Prusa printer, aimed at making the machne work better and to closer tolances etc.,

Paul
October 04, 2011 09:15AM
Good to hear you are so advanced, I am just starting off. You may be interested in the thread about "PicoPSU for Mendel Prusa" at TVRRUG on Google Groups
October 23, 2011 09:06PM
I'm new to this whole reprap thing, so a chance to get together and see a few machines and talk to people with a little more experience would be great before I take the plunge myself.

I'm based in Guildford, Surrey, so North Hampshire is close enough for me. I'll keep an eye on the thread and see if there's any more interest.

Dave
October 26, 2011 08:57PM
Hi moosehead

The Thames Valley RepRap User Group is exactly where you want to be! There are a few members in Guildford, too. You just missed this month's meeting, unfortunately. The TVRRUG is currently enabling 15 or so people to build Prusa Repraps, and our monthly meetings usually have a reprap or two for you to have a look at.

Wiki page: [reprap.org]
Google groups forum: [groups.google.com]
November 23, 2011 05:18PM
Hi,

I live in the Fleet, Hants area and am presently building my first machine, a Prusa Mendel. Would be very interested in meeting others at a user group. For me, it makes little difference whether its in the Reading or Portsmouth direction as travelling time is about the same, but would really like to see a growing Hampshire based group if there is sufficient interest out there.

Any plans for meetings during December in either direction?

Robert.
December 01, 2011 11:24AM
Hi Robert

You missed latest meeting which was on Tuesday, unfortunately, though it was really to give out parts to the first 20 people who are building Prusa's in the group. Have a look at www.tvrrug.org for details of the next one. There are a couple of people in the group nearby - Guildford, Farnham, Aldershot. I'm about the furthest from Reading, in Alton. We have a number of people, including myself, with working machines, so feel free to drop by the irc channel if you need any help.
December 22, 2011 02:52PM
I am in Itchen Abbas on the road Alresford to winchester so would be interested in
any meeting at Four Marks
February 06, 2012 11:59AM
I'm Guildford too. Would be interested in catching up, especially since I've got to turn a bag of bits into a working machine. Ah hours drive would be fine.
February 06, 2012 01:46PM
I live in Cwmbran, South Wales which is about 110 miles for your location, but i would come to your meeting to see what has been made and to talk about the printer set up and driving the software etc.,

I am about half way in the making of a prusa 3D printer, which as some design changes made
by my self

I do not think their is a 3D printer group in South Wales

Paul smileys with beer

auej43@dsl.pipex.com
February 11, 2012 07:22AM
@bigvern2 - I know a few other people in Guildford with repraps! Your best bet is to get involved with the Thames Valley RepRap User Group - www.tvrrug.org.uk - which I am involved with. We have 20 Prusa's nearing completion. Come along to the next meeting, which is usually in Reading. We should be having a calibration event in March/April, but you can get lots of advice if you are ahead of that. We have an irc channel and a google groups

@Paul2d3d - There is an experienced user group in Cheltenham see this post [forums.reprap.org] which is probably much closer to you. I think there maybe something going on in Bristol too, not sure.
November 10, 2012 11:48AM
Yes me lol
November 20, 2012 05:38PM
Interested! Only just seen this thread, still up for it some time?

I currently have the following printers:
Prusa i2
Prusa i3
Huxley v1

[indieflows.blogspot.com]
[www.emakershop.com]
March 17, 2013 06:03PM
Just ordered a Mendel90 kit from nophead.

Keith
Itchen Abbas
Nr Winchester

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2013 06:05PM by KeithSloan.
May 19, 2013 12:17PM
Just joined and read the title of this thread. I live in Basingrad.

Is there still interest in meeting in the Alton area? Reading would be ok but I'm in Ropley twice a week and so a meet in that area would be interesting.

I don't have a 3D printer yet, just accumulating information about the RepRap and Raspberry Pi.

Old....
May 22, 2013 08:15AM
@Old Raft: Not really any group that is that local, and I live in Bristol now! The Thames Valley RepRap User Group is the closest, really - [www.tvrrug.org.uk] or maybe Southampton - see the main UK list.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login