Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scotland?

Posted by robt1275 
Scotland?
December 12, 2013 05:53AM
Hi folks,

Just wondering if there is anyone from Scotland on the forum.

Tried a search, but no joy.

Robt
Re: Scotland?
December 12, 2013 02:27PM
I am from Glasgow.

Which bit are you from?
December 15, 2013 08:01AM
Awesome.

I'm from Livingston.
May 09, 2014 01:14PM
Also from Glasgow.... see,... you are not alone. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

So, have you been printing successfully or like me pulling out all your hair trying to get things that arent what you paid for, to work?
I bought what was supposed to be a Reprap Mendel Prusa 3DP02 (aka whatever anybody else fancied calling it apparently) and helpfully
the Wiki pages for this machine are "under construction", however the project definitely has a challenging flavour to it; Im determined to
succeed even if I find I have to dispose of one or more bits and replace them with something known to work 100%... It's times like this that
you get a new respect for those who design modern electronics. It is a Rite of Passage to hack around for months trying to work out what
goes where and how to program these things because we can't just keep handing it over to 'someone else' and paying them to sort it all out.

It's never too late to learn. How's your own build/printing going anyway???
May 10, 2014 05:18AM
I have a pretty well tuned Prusa 3 based printer that has an heated chamber. I have built a Mark 2 in the past. They are ok, but tricky to set up compared to later designs.

I meet up with a group of likeminded individuals

[www.goshg.org.uk]

We have a Mkii there which we built as a group. You are more than welcome to come along. I wont be at the next meet 15/5 because of other commitments. Best thing to do is to join the mailing list and ask for help. It's worth checking on who is attending a planned meet. We have a small membership currently and sometimes meetings can be pretty low numbers...

Otherwise I am in the South side of Glasgow if you need a hand.
May 10, 2014 05:28AM
Oh some photos of my enclosed machine...

September 25, 2016 06:07PM
I know its reviving an old post, but...... I'm new to this 3d printing game, I'm in breaching, bought a cheap ebay i3 pro b Chinese printer, before I get slated, short of taking a saw to the z axis and removing the threaded rod top end its great and printing straight out the box, not an issue or glitch yet, but looking for other users to meet and swap ideas and such like
September 26, 2016 01:08AM
Same as before... We have a group that meets twice a month in Glasgow if that is any good? The website seems to be down, but we are still active.
January 20, 2019 06:11PM
Hi, I just joined this forum and noticed that you say there is a group that meet, that is something I would be interested in. I’m basically looking for some help on a modification I have made
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login