Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is wrong with my print settings?

Posted by ngajjar 
What is wrong with my print settings?
June 06, 2012 05:31PM
Hi

I am using RepRapPro Huxley, recently downloaded the new version of the skeinforge. Using PLA plastic and default PLA profile with following changes

Filament Diameter = 1.73
Layer Height = 0.3

See the photo of the print here
[plus.google.com]

Issues are
- I see some extra plastic on corner, this is the place from where it start/end extruding
- finish on top of the hole is not good, seem like temperature issue

one guy on IRC suggested that print multiple copy of the object so that it gets enough time to cool before building further. This makes sense, am printing it now will see how it goes. However there must be a way to improve this buy changing some settings as multiple print is just a workaround.

Any suggestions for settings?

Thanks
-nilesh
Re: What is wrong with my print settings?
June 06, 2012 05:56PM
The copy of 4 bar clam print doesn't have the issue like what i saw with one print. Strangely it did not print it completely, see the photo the thickness on top of the hole is very less compare to previous print.

[plus.google.com]

This one was printed with 0.4 mm.

Thanks
-nilesh
June 06, 2012 05:59PM
It looks like the retract setting are wrong but I am not familiar with setting for a bowden extruder. I have seen a Reprappro Huxley print much better than that so it must be possible.

To print small things one at at time you either need a fan blowing on it to cool it, or slow down so the heat has time to dissipate.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 06, 2012 06:20PM
Thanks Nophed, may be i will try with fan next time.

the second issue the one with 4 print is due to m/c stopped extruding for some reason, so pls ignore it. sorry for the confusion.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login