Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Meetings

Posted by aka47 
Meetings
April 29, 2008 05:33AM
Current proposal

Somewhere in Sheffield, Pref Monday of Friday Evening, Date TBA.

smileys with beer

aka47

Necessity hopefully becomes the absentee parent of successfully invented children.
Anonymous User
Re: Meetings
April 29, 2008 06:57AM
Sounds good to me.
May 04, 2008 07:30PM
Sounds like a good idea to me too
May 06, 2008 08:30AM
Were just a little short of enough folk to make it worth trying to blag a room at Sheffield Uni unless some more come forward.

A shame in some ways it would be good to spark a little interest at some of the northern educational institutions.

reprap is a great final year project.

Looks like it could be a pub job. I'll give it a week and then set something up. Just in case there are folk who are interested but currently away.

aka47

Necessity hopefully becomes the absentee parent of successfully invented children.
May 30, 2008 06:58AM
OK

I have a pair of Pre-Registration leaflets for the North West Manufacturing Technology Exhibition. I have already got a ticket and will be going, Which day I haven't decided but if someone else wants to go and meet up I am flexible.

Entry, A Conference and seminars are free with Pre-Registration.

Amongst other things the Exhibition claims to have stuff on Automation, Rapid Prototyping, Electronics etc etc etc.

Reebock Stadium, Bolton, BL6 6SF

11 and 12 June 09:00 to 16:30

Easy access M62/M61 Junction 6

If someone wants to coordinate a local group PM me with an postal address and I will Post a Leaflet out.

If there are some folk from round here (North England) that want to go I don't mind getting a number of tickets back for specific names (they are named on the application). Again PM me needs to be soonest to get them back by post in time.

It appears to be up to 5 per leaflet, greatest success at numbers will be guaranteed by sending each Leaflet from a different organization.

Cheers

aka47

BTW don't forget the RepRap appearance at the Cheltenham Science Festival (See RepRap WWW)

Noz
June 18, 2008 02:57PM
Sheffield is a little out the way for me (london) so could it be more of a pub lunch ? smiling smiley

I would like to just have a chat to people who have already made one too see how i can improve with my one smiling smiley
October 17, 2008 09:08AM
hello everyone,
i've just started building a reprap as a final year project, and i could defiantly do with a voice or two of experience.
are you still planning to meet up?
im based in manchester, so sheffield would be ok for me.

ralph
November 10, 2008 11:44AM
Hello -

I'm in the middle of setting up our new reprap and am interested in meeting other reprappers. I'm in London, UK.

Jenn
January 13, 2009 06:29AM
I'm in Rotherham and would "really" like to attend a meeting, especially if it gets held in Sheffield.

Joules
February 11, 2009 05:05AM
I'm in Watford, Sheffield is a little far away for me smiling smiley
April 13, 2009 04:28PM
OK, I just found out about RepRap today, but as far as I can tell, it is the coolest thing in the universe. If there's a meeting in the north of england, I'd like to attend.
December 02, 2009 04:08PM
I am in Doncaster, are any meetings being held anywhere in the UK?
April 04, 2010 05:58AM
Been a while since I posted here.

We had a meeting last year in sheffield, a one night stand if you like. And since then I was too busy to organise more.

I am at the moment looking for a suitable venue in sheffield other than a pub (which is good but not for getting your kit out....).

I would like to nucleate a rug of RepRap folk meeting in sheffield (I live in doncaster) because of my unusual woring patterns I think I need to share the activity with someone else as well though.

Anyone interested in co-founding ??

April 07, 2010 08:54AM
Hey Jenn,

really interested to hear how your going with your RepRap. I am looking to build one in London but hopefully to do it with a couple of others to share costs/workspace and inspiration. Do you know of anyone through your experience that may be keen or I could speak with?

Thanks so much

Ollie
July 14, 2010 12:55PM
Sheffield RepRap Users Group, A regular GIG.

When: 26 July 2010, 19:00 till 21:00
Venue: The GIST Lab
Address: First Floor, The Workstation, 1 Grinders Hill / Brown Street, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S1 2BX

This month is the inaugural meet-up to help the group find its feet and shape the way it goes forward. It's a loose agenda, and an informal set-up.

Everyone Welcome
No experience necessary. Let's face it, this is the future we're building!

Interested in experimentation and building machinery that can self replicate?

In a nut shell RepRap is an open research project to make Rapid Prototyping Machinery that can Replicate it self ultimately completely but working towards is acceptable, hence RepRap. This event is a meet-up for folks who want to find out more or get involved, and to work on projects that push forward the boundaries of this technology research.

It's not dry research though .... we build stuff too. And that stuff will eventually be able to build itself ... welcome to the self-replicating machine odyssey!

Fore details and a map see :-

[s1reprap1.eventbrite.com]

The Sheffield RepRap Users Group shares community space with the Sheffield Arduino Users Group (Shacknet)

[thegisthub.net]

Amongst others at the GistHub

[thegisthub.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login