Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MixShip - SoSo Company YMMV

Posted by ShetiPhian 
July 05, 2012 10:58PM
My main post is in the For Sale forums, but I figured everyone in Toronto deserved a a direct warning.

Main Post: (has pictures)
[forums.reprap.org]

Summery Of Damage:
RAMPS board was both poorly packed and badly assembled resulting in unacceptable damage
The LEDs on the Heated Bed where crushed by the motors being packaged on top
The laser cut MDF build plates where not cut all the way through both leaving the precut holes uncut and excess material on the sides where they where snapped of the sheet they where cut from.

Current State of Issues:
I still have yet to get any form of an apology, instead I'm being treated as if I'm the one to blame because I wont accept damaged and poorly manufactured parts.

I offered to keep the unfinished mdf boards, and the heated build plate.
All I wanted was two new LEDs to replace the broken ones, and some pins for my trouble.
And they would only have to exchange the RAMPS board.

Not only wouldn't they go for it but they included this in their message to me.

"If the item is in fine condition, we won't pay for the shipping fee. We will pay for the shipping fee only if the item is truely damaged."

So if they bend everything back on the board and it works they will call it "fine condition"
The mdf is in "fine condition" also it just needs to be drilled out, and the edges sanded.

Id imagine in their eyes the only thing that is "truely damaged." is the LEDs, but would they count it because the heated bed is in "fine condition"

Basically I'll get screwed out of my return shipping.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 08:58AM by nophead.
July 08, 2012 02:06PM
I've actually had really good experiences with Mixshop... They throw in free stuff if you're waiting too long. They will print you parts as a favour so that you can have a working machine etc...

Good guys IMHO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 08:59AM by nophead.
July 09, 2012 10:39PM
Sent off my RAMPS and Heated bed (they wanted the heated bed instead of sending 2 leds) for RMA.

So while I wait for the replacement electronics I decided to assemble the frame, got all the way to the metal Z Axis Couplers only to find the holds are not straight causing the rod to wobble confused smiley
And here I was thinking it was well made, the rod threaded in perfectly, it slipped on the motor easily but as it turns the rod wobbles 1/4" at the end.

More Info:

I was looking closely at the Couplers and I believe they are not square, so I got thinking about the mdf boards, this edges with and holes that didn't cut correctly are also not square.
it looks like the laser cutter head is tilting off 90° (either it is loose or being pulled by the belts)
one side cuts at 90°, one side is °1 off, one side is 3° off, and the final is 5° off,

So when they would have drilled/taped the couplers they, where sitting at a slight angle.
the angle is so small it is easily over looked but once the rod is in and the motor attached there is a noticeable difference.

I've reported my findings to MixShop, hopefully they fix it instead of letting bad product continue to be shipped.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 08:59AM by nophead.
Tcz
Re: MixShip - SoSo Company YMMV
September 22, 2012 10:53PM
I ordered hotend parts from them and the heating block although fun tional is not well cut at all. Its not square its more like a lozenge. Not much attention seems given to quality. If it was my business this would be unacceptable.

ShetiPhian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My main post is in the For Sale forums, but I
> figured everyone in Toronto deserved a a direct
> warning.
>
> Main Post: (has pictures)
> [forums.reprap.org]
> #msg-141404
>
>
> Summery Of Damage:
> RAMPS board was both poorly packed and badly
> assembled resulting in unacceptable damage
> The LEDs on the Heated Bed where crushed by the
> motors being packaged on top
> The laser cut MDF build plates where not cut all
> the way through both leaving the precut holes
> uncut and excess material on the sides where they
> where snapped of the sheet they where cut from.
>
>
> Current State of Issues:
> I still have yet to get any form of an apology,
> instead I'm being treated as if I'm the one to
> blame because I wont accept damaged and poorly
> manufactured parts.
>
> I offered to keep the unfinished mdf boards, and
> the heated build plate.
> All I wanted was two new LEDs to replace the
> broken ones, and some pins for my trouble.
> And they would only have to exchange the RAMPS
> board.
>
> Not only wouldn't they go for it but they included
> this in their message to me.
>
> "If the item is in fine condition, we won't pay
> for the shipping fee. We will pay for the shipping
> fee only if the item is truely damaged."
>
> So if they bend everything back on the board and
> it works they will call it "fine condition"
> The mdf is in "fine condition" also it just needs
> to be drilled out, and the edges sanded.
>
> Id imagine in their eyes the only thing that is
> "truely damaged." is the LEDs, but would they
> count it because the heated bed is in "fine
> condition"
>
> Basically I'll get screwed out of my return
> shipping.
November 06, 2012 09:19PM
I might have read this last post wrong but I think Cathy Zhan is posting her wares for sale in the Toronto, Canada group because I think she is trying to tell us she is opening up a warehouse right here in Toronto.

That is so cool*

Regards

* Extreme Sarcasm
November 06, 2012 10:26PM
fredlatesta Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is so cool*
> * Extreme Sarcasm

Lol!
November 23, 2012 09:22AM
I went to mixshop to pick up stuff and they are top notch..

-joe
December 13, 2012 01:49AM
Ordered a prusa kit (excluding printed parts) from them and had the same issue as ShetiPhian with the PCB heated bed.. LED was busted due to the way the packed the kit - power supply, MDF boards lying on top of the PCB heated bed.

Not a deal breaker for me as I can easily attach another LED, but something others might want to be aware of. I was offered a replacement, but I would have to drive downtown to get it. I will take up on their offer when I get a chance. Something else to consider is the "Ramps Pre-assembled" kit still requires soldering of the header pins to the Polulu Stepper Drivers. It's not rocket science to do, but you can get a truly fully assembled unit (and cheaper) from other places... If in Canada, I recommend getting the RAMPS kit from Sublime @ www.tantillus.org

I chose mixshop.com for my current project because I'm building a Prusa for a family member and don't have the time to source the parts myself. Assuming the electronics works, I'll still be in good shape.

I suggest it's best to deal with them if you live in the Greater Toronto Area.
March 26, 2013 06:27AM
I think mixshop very good company. They sent item to me 2 months passed but cargo lost. They send me lots of email and now they offer me replacements. Thank you mixshop.
August 21, 2014 05:56PM
The biggest deal breaker for me is when you see the following and it's every company these days which are doing it!

Availability: In Stock components are delay from our suppliers, we need 3 weeks lead time.
Afterwards you are told I have to wait 2-3 more weeks because of some issue with suppliers.

Definition of in stock means : A supply accumulated for future use. NOT supply I will order wher you order.

I find this so frustrating.

And it seems to be MixShop's specialty.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login