Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Canada, Edmonton RUG

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Canada, Edmonton RUG
November 14, 2007 05:54PM
I'm interested - pop me a group and I'll post an initial call to see who else in my area is thus inclined.
Re: Canada, Edmonton RUG
November 15, 2007 04:21AM
Forum created.

Please hop in and introduce yourself. You're also welcome to announce the group on the builder's blog:
builders.reprap.org
(or not, everyone else has ignored that little note).

Edmonton doesn't seem to have a robot group any more and doesn't seem to have a dorkbot chapter. You might try pinging these people,
[www.latitude53.org]
but I'm not sure how much electronic art they do.

You may want to poke around in here
[www.cnczone.com]
[www.cnczone.com]

Good luck!
This thread will self-destruct after a few days of inactivity.
Anonymous User
November 23, 2007 02:18PM
Thanks! Lat53 isn't much on the electronics end of oddball arts, last I checked. There's at least one research group over in CompSci at the university here that're into robotics, though - I did some machining work with one. I'm just interested to see who else this draws...
August 12, 2008 05:09PM
Anybody kicking around here these days?

I've just found this group, and have actually been building a 3d fabricator on and off for a while. Is here much activity in Edmonton?
October 30, 2009 02:26PM
looking for more info on reprap

Is any working on this?
November 10, 2010 04:21AM
Hi

ENTS (Edmonton New Technology Society)

Just bought a plywood RepRap Mendel Kit, and are in the process of building it.

Anybody in the Edmonton Area that is still interested in RepRap, or general 3D printer technology please contact me, at grysmith@telus.net, or the directors at directors@ents.ca and express your interest. We have members with makerbot and I am building a cartesian bot to experiment with recycled linear drives.

Graeme Smith
April 26, 2011 11:26PM
I'm in Edmonton...I sent you an email Graeme.

I've got a prusa kit on the way from MakerGear.

Brendin
May 27, 2011 12:35PM
Hi, just an update...

Got the plywood Mendel more or less mechanically schlocked together, there were some glitches with the circuitry, Mat our member with the cnc mini-mill, took his seed studios logic analyzer, and Bus Pirate to it, (Gotta Get one of them things) and trouble shot much of the system, got the right versions of firmware installed etc. There are still a few glitches it seems we need to either replace the extruder board (Mat blew a halfbridge chip) or get another driver, and bypass the halfbridge kludge that it was based on. But Aphodic Jester was able to show us how a real mendel should work, with his repstrap based Prussa. Even he was having troubles though, it seems that his machine was not as stable in ENTS as it is at home, (Probably an Air Conditioning thing). I have some peltier devices ready if that is the issue, for our own Mendel. I figure I should be able to rig an arduino to PWM the Peltier devices and keep the Stepper Drivers cool and collected. However between the cupcake, and the prussa, ENTS members already have, and the ENTS Mendel, we might soon be able to think about printing up other mendels.

If you want a tour, or to meet the guys, at Edmontons own Hackerspace, give directors@ents.ca an e-mail.

Graeme Smith
grysmith@telus.net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login