Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap In Adelaide?

Posted by IceMan 
RepRap In Adelaide?
February 22, 2012 06:43AM
Hi,

I have been following this forum for the last 4-5 months, and thought I should probably introduce myself.
My name is Jan (male), I am located in Adelaide and discovered RepRap by chance in Oct\Nov 2011. There was a program on TV about Adrian Bowyer and his RepRap printer. I was instantly hooked and have been visiting these forums almost every day since. What a fantastic forum.
I decided to build myself a printer as well smiling smiley. I made one from scratch using whatever I had in my shed, as I figured that would be a good way to learn. I made a RepStrap based on the Wolfstrap thinking this machine will make parts for my next one.
And 2 weeks before Christmas I did my first print!
I then spent 6-7 weeks working on the hotend/nozzle and finally have come up with a design that seems to work reliable on my printer.
Are there any one in SA, Adelaide that are into RepRap printers?

Cheers
Jan
[3dprinting4u.wordpress.com]
Re: RepRap In Adelaide?
March 01, 2012 02:04AM
I take that as a NO....sad smiley
March 23, 2012 09:58AM
Stephen Lane wrote:
Hi there I only login to the forums occasionally (I should do it more often but its all about time really)
Anyway yes I'm from Adelaide & interested in Reprap things I found out about it following a link in a PCB Making forum early last year I built a Huxley from a Techzone Kit in April 11 & fiddled with it for weeks trying to get decent prints then I got busy with other projects until early this year when I tracked down a Makerbot clone on ebay sourced from China but coordinated by a guy in Perth anyway I bought it & it printed straight out of the box (not well but alot better than the Huxley) I've now printed all the parts for a Hybrid MendelMax & I'm in the process of getting the frame & other "Vitamins" & Electronics etc together I was going to rebuild the Huxley but the bigger build envelope of the Max got me interested.
Anyway thats my interest in a nutshell I have in the recent weeks become aware of a Adelaide Hackerspace that is in the process of building a Huxley from a different source than mine & they appear to have a member with a Makerbot they have a mailing list you can join & they appear to meet a couple of times a week to do things.

Regards
Stephen Lane
June 18, 2012 02:49AM
Hi guys, I'm not strictly in Adelaide (200km North of) and am not strictly into reprap, but other 3D printers.

Is there not a strong enough following in SA for it to have its own subforum?

Cheers
Jamie
June 22, 2012 05:59AM
Hi guys

Ive been interested in repraps for a while now., earlyier this year i came accross repraps, and decided to build myself one.

I went with the origninal mendel version importing the plastic parts from the usa gen6 board and sourcing most of the vitamins locally. apart from the bearing motors and circuit board.

I have been following this forum for a little while now.

And was also wondering if there is enough interest for a SA subforum.
MIght be good

cheers stephen
July 12, 2012 04:48AM
If any of you guys ( or girls) interested in filaments you can support a local supplier....ME ! cool smiley
www.3dprintergear.com.au
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login