Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hail fellow ohioans

Posted by HersirSmiley 
Hail fellow ohioans
August 16, 2010 04:43PM
Hello dayton people and other ohioans,
My name is keith and i'm from the northern part of the state around the cleveland area. I was wondering how things were going in your necks of the woods. I noticed there hadn't been many postings in quite some time. I am building a reprap although i have become stifled by other projects i am attempting to help me finish this project. Also I look forward to the comrodery (spelling?) of sharing my experiences with the rest of you. Perhaps i'll hear of an update any of you had made since your last remarks that were posted many months ago.
Re: Hail fellow ohioans
January 17, 2011 11:53AM
Yo, Im from Mahoning county

Just built a working reprap... got my kit from botmill except for the electronics which i got from mendel-parts.com... still fine tuning skeinforge to have a clean and higher quality print
January 31, 2011 10:05AM
I'm from Cleveland, my reprap kit should be coming in this month sometime.
February 03, 2011 09:09AM
joeglens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yo, Im from Mahoning county
>
> Just built a working reprap... got my kit from
> botmill except for the electronics which i got
> from mendel-parts.com... still fine tuning
> skeinforge to have a clean and higher quality
> print

Are you happy with the botmill kit? How was the printed parts quality? I can't decide. Botmill has a kit ready to ship to me and makergear is still a few months out on shipping kits. Makergear is local and botmill has free shipping. I'd love to support local business, but I'm not sure I want to wait a few months for a kit that will likely take me a few months (off and on) to build.
February 22, 2012 09:25AM
Cuyahoga Falls here! I'm ordering my prusa mendel parts now and am looking forward to getting my hands dirty with this...!
October 04, 2015 10:21AM
Just finished my Reprap Mendel Prusa I3 rework 3D printer.
It's set up with a laser cut wood frame, all metal hot end (nylon tube insert) with modified wade style extruder using 3MM filament. Optical endstops, RAMPS 1.4 board with a cooling fan on it.
The Y-axis bearings are held with wood housings that I made on my SEIG mini mill.
Folgertech thermistor on the hot end with their temperature table added to the Marlin firmware.
For software, I'm currently using Slic3r & Pronterface. I have built Arduino circuits totally from scratch before (although this uses an ATMEGA board) and being a C programmer helps as well.

I can print PLA with it but the nylon insert will easily burn if the temperature gets to high easily with ABS.

I didn't buy a kit. This was purchased a piece at a time over the past year off of Ebay and other websites.
It follows the i3 rework design pretty close.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login