Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

prusa printed parts?

Posted by drewrox 
prusa printed parts?
December 27, 2011 11:21AM
Anyone in Central Florida have Printed Parts for the Prusa available?

I'm very interested in getting this going, and see there are a few folks around here.

Let me know.

Thanks!
Re: prusa printed parts?
December 27, 2011 01:33PM
Try users Geeksgonebad or Chorca. They are in
Tampa/Orlando area and might be able to hook-u-up. They have post below this one.

ISTAR Scope Club
January 01, 2012 12:02PM
I am in Titusville. What do you need?
321-264-2555
January 01, 2012 12:11PM
Well, literally I have started gathering vitamins, have nothing yet as far as printed parts. How much would you charge, and how quickly would you be able to print them out?
January 01, 2012 07:20PM
I hadn't thought much about it. How about I print you all the parts for a Prusa for a 5 pound spool of PLA from Ultimachine.com You pick the color and I'll print your parts from it and keep what's left. I've printed white, red, black, and now blue. All with good results. If you pick blue, I can start with what I have on hand.
I am partial to the Lulzbot version of the X axis.
If you prefer, I can print a Ronthomp Mendel. Less hardware and the bottom mounted motors make it more stable. Also some advanced features.
You are welcome to come look at my machines and see the parts I am making.
I am building a PLA bushing version at the moment and writing the assembly directions as I go.
[www.ronthompmendel.com]
It would probably take a couple of days to print everything one color. Or I can use some I have already made in various colors. Here is a video of My machine:
[www.youtube.com]
You can call me from 9am to 9pm. 321-264-2555.
January 01, 2012 07:26PM
BTW, I only check this forum occasionally. If you want timely communications, email is better.
ron AT ourcadguy DOT com
January 01, 2012 07:34PM
OK, I signed up, so I should get emails about replies, now.
March 08, 2012 01:22PM
I have been looking to build a 3-D printer for some time, and am very impressed with the structure of your RonThomp Mendel design. I design step motor 2 and 3 axis systems for microscopes so the electronic side will be easy for me. So how can I buy a set of the structural parts to get started? Try email at jdhharris@customstage.net
March 08, 2012 06:07PM
Answered via email.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login