Im doing well with smoothie and Re-arm and I spent some time today to square up my frame. Its a big and slightly fragile frame: 1m high and 40cm triangle sides, but with some cross-bracing and flying extruder I have no instabilities.
I tried to get all frame related variables as close as possible. Arm length, arm parallelity, triangle sides and height are +-0.5mm.
For auto calibration I ran G32 and G31 to 0,02mm reliability but after some test print one half of the print is a bit too high, a pattern that I've had before but much worse.
My squaring up of the frame definitely helped but if I want to use my full 30cm diameter bed the current auto calibration would not serve the whole bed well.
What I can see from the high spots is that it run perpendicular to an axis from the beta tower to the middle and I will try to manually correct the beta endstop tmr. Now Im curious if someone has an idea which part in the frame I should try to get more precise or which factor the auto calibration relies on the most/throws it off the easiest.