Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet WiFi Main firmware update for Windows 10 or Mac OS X

Posted by DrPFF 
Duet WiFi Main firmware update for Windows 10 or Mac OS X
November 25, 2017 04:46PM
So a buddy of mine was trying to update his firmware on his duet wifi and he didn't follow the instructions for normal firmware updating. Instead, he erased it and tried to flash the new firmware. After having a lot of trouble he turned to me to fix it. I feel obligated to help as I turned him onto using the duet board. I've used the "erase" button and flashed firmware several times before with he duet 0.8.5 so I figured it wouldn't be a big deal. However, it has been a lot more difficult for me on the wifi as compared to v0.8.5.

I tried using bossac but after having trouble there I found this thread where dc42 said that bossac doesn't work with duet wifi: Unable to update duetwifi firmware

Next, after referencing fallback #3 from Updating Main Firmware, I checked out using SAM-BA. But I only have OS X and Windows 10 operating systems at my disposal. It says here that it only works with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Linux Operating Systems.

Are there any other options here that will work with either OS X or Windows 10? I don't have time to set up a linux machine this week so I am hoping there is something I can do with these operating systems.
Re: Duet WiFi Main firmware update for Windows 10 or Mac OS X
November 26, 2017 02:44AM
The latest version (1.8) of Bossa/bossac works with all the Duets.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 26, 2017 01:30PM
Ah thank you. I installed the GUI bossa v1.8 for mac and gave it a shot, and while i seem to be getting a little further, I'm still stuck. Currently after I erase and reset the board, I can find the duet port which for me is cu.usbmodem1461, I select it, then I attempt to flash your latest release of DuetWiFiFirmware.bin and I get an error indicating the flash command failed.

I also tried running that bossa app's bossac file from terminal by making a copy of the bossac file and putting it in the folder with the duet firmware file, cd to that directory and entering bossac -e -w -v -b DuetWiFiFirmware.bin (which is how i've updated the duet v0.8.5 in the past). When I do this it says SAM-BA operation failed. Can you tell what I am doing wrong here?
November 26, 2017 02:42PM
See the last bit of [duet3d.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 26, 2017 04:01PM
It's alive! Spelling out the port for it like this "bossac --port=tty.usbmodem1461 -b -U -e -w -v DuetWiFiFirmware.bin -R" did the trick. Thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login