Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Protection of analogue inputs of Duet Wifi?

Posted by Treito 
Protection of analogue inputs of Duet Wifi?
September 28, 2017 08:10AM
Hello,

my Duet 0.6 burnt yesterday after I had a double fault. The heater cartridge was short circuited to the aluminium block. As I tried to tighten the nozzle the Thermistor must have been got in contact with the block, too.
As far as I know the Duet WiFi is protected against such kind of fault, isn't it?

Best regards,

Sven

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Re: Protection of analogue inputs of Duet Wifi?
September 28, 2017 08:29AM
Depends on the revision of the board sven IIRC v1.2 onwards had back EMF Diodes fitted and a resettable fuse on the thermistor cct's

Doug
September 28, 2017 08:34AM
I think I got it so that every version is somehow fixable. My 0.6 was smoking. The top of the processor was nearly liquid.

Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
September 28, 2017 09:20AM
yes you can retro fit a resttable fuse on all of them but the later variants also have protection on the drivers and fans as well
September 28, 2017 09:50AM
Okay much better as smoke from the Duet and a really melted processor. But I will pay even more attention at the future the cartridge was old, so I did not believe there could be any problems with it and a Thermistor? I was soo wrong.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login