Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mini height sensor triggering

Posted by Gaou 
mini height sensor triggering
August 27, 2017 01:16PM
Guys i thought i ll give one more go to z axis homing as the last months i did that manual . But yesterday i started fooling aroung i saw it gets a false triggering when it is at 10mm-20mm ( dont remember where exactly ) .

So what am i doing wrong and get this triggering ?

Any ideas you can come up with would be perfect.

I am using the mini height sensor from dc.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Re: mini height sensor triggering
August 28, 2017 04:29AM
If you are getting false triggering at height, and it isn't caused by direct bright sunlight reflecting off the bed into the sensor, ask me or whoever you bought it from to replace it.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 29, 2017 07:07AM
the sensor works pretty ok David. i dont think it has a hardware problem ( i cant understand it at least..) . It triggers how it should be close to the table, but it also triggers at 8.15mm height. so when i am switching the printer on it has to be closer than 7mm height to get a proper trigger ....!

I bought it from you David .

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
August 29, 2017 10:58AM
Send me a PM with a note of your invoice number if you have it, email address and approximate purchase date, and I will send you another sensor. A small number of sensors have that problem due to tolerances in the IR LEDs, but our test procedure doesn't catch it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2017 11:00AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

September 03, 2017 01:48PM
Hi guys!
I just purchased one of the sensors from Filastruder and it is doing the same thing.
Is there anything I can do to fix the issue?
I have an AVR programming cable if you can think of a patch to ignore the false trigger.

Thanks,

Bob
September 03, 2017 02:10PM
When you get false triggering, is the LED on the sensor steady red or is it blinking rapidly?

September 03, 2017 03:21PM
It just flickers rather briefly/lightly:
[goo.gl]

I have verified that the init mode is the two blinks.
September 29, 2017 03:40AM
I recently bought one sensor from makerdise.com and a second one is on its way. Could I have this problem, too? Should I check them? And how? I will use them about the end of the year.
Before my OM2 burnt I could test it on black aluminium. The results were spectacular.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
October 30, 2017 10:08AM
thanks David for the replacement . It is the first time on my 2years of printing that i can home z without fear. it is priceless.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login