Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Duet 0.85, windows makes disconnect sound constantly

Posted by scottybfg 
New Duet 0.85, windows makes disconnect sound constantly
July 18, 2017 03:20AM
So I ordered a duet 0.85 for my delta from think3D a few months back. Long story short work was busy and I'm only now getting around to setting it up. This is my first experience with a 32bit board.

So following the documentation [docs.google.com] and getting the reprap firmware 1.18.1 I was all ready to set it up, however once flashed and board restarted, my computer continues to make the USB disconnect sound. I have erased the board and tried again but it does this every time. Below are the steps I took. Nothing is connected to the board and the SD card with the config files is inserted

Windows 7 professional SP1 64-bit system

Plug into USB,

USB LED is red,
3.3V LED is Green
5V+ LED is Red
Device shows as “Bossa Program Port (Com 12)”

Use the terminal to flash RepRapFirmware 1.18.1.bin with bossac by using

bossac.exe -e -w -v -b RepRapFirmware-1.18.1.bin

device is found on COM12, writes 310588 bytes to flash, verify 310588 bytes of flash, verify successful, set boot flash true.

The board does not reset, all 3 LED's stay on as before and device is still “Bossa Program Port (Com 12)”

Sending M115 in the arduino serical doesn't give a response “Both NL & CR” 115200 baud

if I reset the duet with the reset button,

All 3 LED's stay the same and I get a constant USB disconnect sound. The reset button isn't stuck in. In device manager the device name is “Duet 06 or 085 3D printer control electronics (COM13)

when I open up the serial monitor I get the following message

RepRapFirmware for Duet Version 1.18.1 dated 2017-04-09

Executing config.g...HTTP is enabled on port 80
FTP is disabled
TELNET is disabled

So its connected but the disconcert sound is driving me crazy, I don't want to proceed any further with the setup in case there is something wrong with the board.
Re: New Duet 0.85, windows makes disconnect sound constantly
July 18, 2017 02:36PM
Possibly the USB port you have connected it to isn't happy to supply the current to power the Duet. Try another USB port, or a powered USB hub. Or provide 12V or 24V power to the Duet and make sure that the on-board 5V regulator is enabled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2017 02:36PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 04, 2017 09:20PM
Every USB port on my computer has the same result. Powered with 12 volts and still get the constant disconnect sound, There is a jumper on the 5V_EN pins.

With the 12V supply the blue Vin LED lights up and the two red leds by the PMW fans flash one after the other

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2017 09:20PM by scottybfg.
August 05, 2017 03:15AM
If the LEDs near to the fan outputs are flashing, it could be that the Duet is constantly resetting. That would explain the repeated disconnection sound. Do you have anything connected to it other than power and the USB cable? If yes, try disconnecting everything else. You could also try starting it with the SD card removed.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 15, 2017 09:45PM
Thanks for your help and sorry for the late reply, I travel too much with work and get to spend next to no time with my printer.

Nothing was connected to the board, so i removed the SD card and the issue went away. So I formatted the SD and re uploaded the files and looks good for now.

Thanks again for your help, I dont know why I didn't try removing the SD card, I guess the price tag of the board is still in the back of my head
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login