Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Urgent help - Mini IR sensor with DUET 0.6

Posted by selva_tvi 
Urgent help - Mini IR sensor with DUET 0.6
June 28, 2017 12:04PM
I am using DUET 0.6 boards (from Reprap ltd) in 2-3 printers. Previously I was using 4 pin old IR sensor from Reprap ltd.

3 months back, I purchased 3 pin mini IR sensor and started using it. Working without any issues. Differences are quite big.

Last 10 days I was building one CoreXY with 300x300x300. I updated Reprap firmware with 1.18.1. And used the configurator to create config files for CoreXY setup.

All the movements are ok. But I faced a weird issue with the mini IR sensor. When I used it for homing only Z axis, when the bed comes near the sensor, it is showing the value of 465, but it is not homing. I tried with different parameters, different settings, different wires etc. It is not homing.

Then I changed the same sensor to other Cartesian machine (same DUET 0.6 board), it is working.

Only, it is not working with this CoreXY. Then, I used old 4 pin IR sensor with this CoreXY, it is working, but not that accurate.

Please help me in sorting out this mini IR sensor issue. (I have to deliver the machine to the client by tomorrow).

I have attached my config and homing files.

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (2.2 KB)
open | download - homeall.g (619 bytes)
open | download - homex.g (536 bytes)
open | download - homey.g (440 bytes)
open | download - homez.g (405 bytes)
open | download - bed.g (373 bytes)
Re: Urgent help - Mini IR sensor with DUET 0.6
June 29, 2017 04:52AM
I responded yesterday evening to your similar post on the duet3d forum.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 29, 2017 07:51AM
Yeah. I checked. Thanks for the response.
August 15, 2017 07:10AM
Link to that response maybe? Please.
August 15, 2017 08:09PM
The Duet3d forum is very busy and that response was more than 6 weeks ago, so it won't be easy to find. Your best bet is probably to use the search facility on that forum.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login