Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet Wifi, two drivers for one 8 wire motor?

Posted by M;kko 
Duet Wifi, two drivers for one 8 wire motor?
May 28, 2017 03:03PM
Hi,
I'm building my first 3D printer, CoreXY, and it seems that the build bed is too heavy for a 59 Ncm NEMA 17 motor. I noticed that there is an interesting and a much more powerful motor available at omc stepperonline [eu.omc-stepperonline.com]. Can I connect that somehow in bi-polar parallel configuration to two drivers of Duet and make them work together to power up that beast? If not, my other two options are [eu.omc-stepperonline.com] and [eu.omc-stepperonline.com]. Is the higher inductance of the latter going to be a problem for a Z-axis motor?
Re: Duet Wifi, two drivers for one 8 wire motor?
May 29, 2017 02:20AM
If you need additional torque then this implies that the steps/mm can't​ be very high, which in turn implies that the motor won't need to rotate at very high speeds. So motor inductance is unlikely to be a problem, assuming you use 24V power, and you won't need to resort to using 2 drivers. You can work out the speed at which the torque drops off, see [duet3d.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login