Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question for DC42

Posted by lolocaledo 
Question for DC42
April 19, 2017 11:21PM
Hello David,

I think you already have a lot of thing to do but you said there is some months ago that you'll implement the Live Z function in reprap firmware.
do you intend to implement the Live Z function in the firmware. that is very useful for the first print layer, to adjust the nozzle's high for a good adhesion while the beginning of printing.

Have a nice day

Laurent- NEW CALEDONIA
Re: Question for DC42
April 20, 2017 02:17AM
Babystepping is implemented in firmware 1.18. It's not quite real-time, but close. DWC 1.15a and PanelDue firmware 1.16 provide babystepping buttons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2017 02:20AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 20, 2017 05:25AM
Can I use babystepping button while printing first layer and keep this adjustment up to the end of printing ?
April 20, 2017 03:24PM
lolocaledo
Can I use babystepping button while printing first layer and keep this adjustment up to the end of printing ?

Yes, any baby stepping you apply remains in force until you home Z or probe the bed.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

April 20, 2017 06:14PM
Hello,

Just upgraded to 1.18.1 firmware and WDC1.15a. Perfect :-)
It seems to be the same function that Live Z on Prusa except that the value is reset after print. Is it correct ?
Thank you very much.

You're doing a very good and helpful job on the firmware and for the community. Thank you very much.
April 21, 2017 02:44AM
The value is reset after homing or using the Z probe. So if you have a delta printer and your slicer end script homes the printer, that will reset the babystepping offset to zero.

April 21, 2017 12:47PM
Is there a way to measure the babystepping needed or save it for future prints? Currently I have just been manually adjusting the probe offset on my delta, re-calibrating, and then retesting the print.
April 21, 2017 04:59PM
Kurzaa
Is there a way to measure the babystepping needed or save it for future prints? Currently I have just been manually adjusting the probe offset on my delta, re-calibrating, and then retesting the print.

Yes, see [duet3d.com].

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login