Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

External trigger from endstop pins E2,3,4...

Posted by maczar 
External trigger from endstop pins E2,3,4...
April 10, 2017 11:59AM
Hi,

I'm trying to setup the external trigger to mount external SD card using E2 or E3 or ... endstop pins. Unfortunatelly it's only working when using E1 or E0 endstop pins.

Command:
M581 E1 S0 T8 C0 ; configure sd mount trigger
M581 E1 S1 T7 C0 ; configure sd un-mount trigger

and files trigger7.g and trigger8.g are working flawlessly, but when I change it to:

M581 E2 S0 T8 C0 ; configure sd mount trigger
M581 E2 S1 T7 C0 ; configure sd un-mount trigger

nothing happens.

Should I enable E2 ang higher endstop pins somewhere?

Looking forward to your reply,
Maciej
Re: External trigger from endstop pins E2,3,4...
April 10, 2017 04:06PM
Are you using a DueX2/DueX5 expansion board, or not?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2017 04:06PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 11, 2017 08:19AM
No, I just want to wire them directly to pins.
April 11, 2017 09:48AM
I think the problem may be that the pullup resistors are not enabled by default on the expansion endstop pins. So you probably need to add external pullup resistors between them and +3.3V. I can enable the processor's internal pullup resistors in the next firmware release.

It's probably best to use external pullup resistors anyway, because the internal ones in the processor have a high resistance (about 100K) so your wiring may pick up noise if you rely on them.

EDIT: I just realised what the problem is. The pins on the expansion connector of the Duet WiFi that are labelled E2_STOP etc. are no longer used for endstops because they were repurposed as additional chip selects for the shared SPI bus. Instead, the E2..E6 endstops are read via the I/O expander on the DueX2 or DueX5.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2017 10:01AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login