Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRapFirmware 1.18 and Panel Due firmware 1.16 released

Posted by dc42 
RepRapFirmware 1.18 and Panel Due firmware 1.16 released
April 07, 2017 10:07AM
See [github.com] for details and upgrade notes for RRF, and [github.com] for PanelDue. The changes to the firmwares are independent of each other, so you don't need to upgrade both at once.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: RepRapFirmware 1.18 and Panel Due firmware 1.16 released
April 07, 2017 10:51AM
David,

A quick check - which version should I download for a Duet v0.6?
April 07, 2017 11:07AM
David J
David,

RepRapFirmware-1.18.bin, iap.bin and DuetWebControl-1.15a.zip.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

April 07, 2017 07:51PM
David, do I still use bossac to upgrade the Panel Due firmware?
April 08, 2017 04:59AM
joestefano
David, do I still use bossac to upgrade the Panel Due firmware?

Yes. sadly the current PanelDue can't be upgraded any other way, although I'm looking to change that in the next design iteration.

April 09, 2017 07:56PM
dc42
David J
David,

RepRapFirmware-1.18.bin, iap.bin and DuetWebControl-1.15a.zip.

David,

I am using PanelDue firmware 1.14 and Duet 0.6 firmware 1.14. Because of my issues with the hotend temp auto calibration issues when I upgraded to 1.15. I assume my hotened thermistor has a large range of temps when it heats up causing the auto calibration to fault out. I have been waiting for several revisions of the firmware before I invest the time to upgrade. I downgraded from 1.15. And again I am using 1.14. Is the temp issue (having a wide range of temps during heat up for a hotend) fixed? If so I upgrade to PanelDue 1.16, Duet 1.18 or 1.18.1?
April 10, 2017 02:50AM
The heater auto tuning algorithm was changed in 1.18 series firmware, so it's worth trying firmware 1.18.1.

PanelDue firmware 1.16 should work with old versions of RRF as well as the most recent version.

April 10, 2017 07:43AM
David,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will start by upgrading my PanelDue. I really need the Emergency stop button on the LCD screen. With the older firmware of 1.14 there is no button. And the web interface disconnects. When that happens, I cannot shut off the machine via software.
April 12, 2017 03:48PM
Updated PanelDue firmware to version 1.16. Nice STOP button in the left upper corner. Great work DC42

Updated web interface from 1.11 to 1.15a. Could not connect to Kossel Duet 0.6 with firmware 1.14 via web interface. Tried everything but couldnt figure it out until I did a forum search. I had to upgrade my Duet 0.6 firmware to 1.18.1. Now I have to test out my system and refigure out PID and temp issues that I had before if they arise again.

Summary:
Duet 0.6 FIrmware 1.18.1
PanelDue Firmware 1.16
Duet WebControl 1.15a

I have a lot of testing to do with my system now.

So I have the same issue. I tried messing with the M303 command but I cannot get my printer to work anymore. I get this error.

Error: heating fault on heater 1, temperature rising much more slowly than the expected 1.9°C/sec

I have used M303 with P1, P.5 and P.1. It doesnt help. I cannot get my printer to heat up for more than a second before I get a fault.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2017 06:47PM by DRTak.
April 24, 2017 01:58PM
DC42. I have upgraded to the PanelDue firmware 1.16. When I hit the Print button nothing happens. I have back out to the main screen and find the CONTROL button. Find the SD card symbol. Then select file and print. Is this normal? Before with the other firmware, I would hit PRINT on the paneldue select file and print.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2017 02:29PM by DRTak.
April 25, 2017 03:08AM
DRTak
DC42. I have upgraded to the PanelDue firmware 1.16. When I hit the Print button nothing happens. I have back out to the main screen and find the CONTROL button. Find the SD card symbol. Then select file and print. Is this normal? Before with the other firmware, I would hit PRINT on the paneldue select file and print.

That's normal. The file selection button used to be on the Print page in firmware 1.14 and earlier, but at 1.15 I moved it to the Control page because that fits in better with workflow, i.e. you home, perhaps set temperatures, perhaps probe the bed, then select a file to print. The Print button switches to the print status page, but there isn't room to fit Print Status on the button.

April 25, 2017 11:31PM
DC42,

thanks for the response. I thought I had an error with my system.
May 02, 2017 03:52AM
Hi,

I am facing some issues with uploading this RepRapFirmware 1.18. I am trying to upload it for DUET 0.6. (Previous firmware was RepRapFirmware 1.18beta). I connected the board via USB and pressed ERASE and RESET Buttons.

The port was changed to BOSSAC port. After that I copied the BOSSAC.exe and the firmware bin files to temp folder.

Then I updated the firmware by using the bossac.exe –e –w –v –b RepRapFirmware-1.18.1.bin. The file was uploaded and it gave the 'Verify Successful' message.

Then I removed the USB and connected back. Windows was unable to detect the board. It is showing as unknown device. Pls find the attached image.

Previous versions of Firmware were updated without any problem. In that Github 'Stable' folder, 'iap.bin' was given. What is the usage of that file?

Thanks
Selvakumaran
Attachments:
open | download - Firmware update error.jpg (88.4 KB)
May 02, 2017 08:36AM
See the upgrade notes at [github.com], in particular the bit about the new device driver.

iap.bin is needed if you upgrade the firmware over the web interface instead of using bossac.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2017 08:36AM by dc42.

May 02, 2017 10:09AM
Ok. Thanks.

I was thinking that DUET 0.6 can only be updated using Bossac.

Now, by using DWC, first I uploaded IAP.bin, then uploaded 1.18.1. It was done.thumbs up
May 21, 2017 03:35PM
I jsut updated by firmware from 1.12a-dc42 to 1.18.1 and now my PID setting are not working. I seems like my bed is using bang bang pulses vs. PID. Prior to the update, my SSR would flicker and maintain a very stable bed temp. Now it is either on or off and quite variable.

Here are my M301 codes from the config file:

M301 H0 P24 I0.80 D105 T0.50 S1.0 ; PID settings for Print Bed (-P means bang bang setting and not PID)
M301 H1 P08 I0.20 D109 T0.50 S1.0 ; PID settings for Heater 1 (Diamond HotEnd)

Did something change that I am missing or now need to do differently.

Thanks,

Dan
May 21, 2017 05:36PM
3D-Print
I jsut updated by firmware from 1.12a-dc42 to 1.18.1 and now my PID setting are not working. I seems like my bed is using bang bang pulses vs. PID. Prior to the update, my SSR would flicker and maintain a very stable bed temp. Now it is either on or off and quite variable.

Here are my M301 codes from the config file:

M301 H0 P24 I0.80 D105 T0.50 S1.0 ; PID settings for Print Bed (-P means bang bang setting and not PID)
M301 H1 P08 I0.20 D109 T0.50 S1.0 ; PID settings for Heater 1 (Diamond HotEnd)

Did something change that I am missing or now need to do differently.

There were a lot of changes in 1.15+ firmware. There was this release note that isn't listed with the 1.18.1 firmware anymore. But I know DC42 has changed a lot around the PID settings where M301 isn't really used anymore and now supports auto tuning.

RepRapFirmware 1.15 release notes
===================================
1. If you are upgrading from a previous releases other than a 1.15 release candidate, then if you have any M301 commands in your config.g file, you should double the I parameters and halve the D parameters in those commands. This is because of a long-standing bug in previous releases of RepRapFirmware which has been corrected in this release.
2. This release includes a heater control auto tuning feature. See [duet3d.com] for how to use it. This feature is still somewhat experimental and will be refined in a future release.
3. The temperature monitoring is much more strict compared to previous releases, to better detect situations such as a thermistor or heater cartridge falling out of the heater block, which can pose a fire risk if not detected. If you have a paricularly strong or weak heater, you may get false alarms. The simplest way to avoid this is to run auto tuning so that the firmware can build a more accurate model of normal behaviour.
4. DuetWebControl-1.12.zip is by Christian Hammacher and is provided here for your convenence. His master repository is at [github.com].
May 21, 2017 11:20PM
Thank you, made the changes and it works perfectly with the M307 commands!
May 24, 2017 08:26PM
At this point I do not have a PC only iMac. I can not fine a way to update the PanelDue to 1.16 with the Mac. Do I need to pull the Due and take to to work to do on a PC?

Thanks,
May 25, 2017 07:24PM
You can download bossac version 1.8 for Mac from shumatech.

May 31, 2017 12:43AM
David i had the firmware installed on two 0.8.5 duets ( one is at the printer ) and i couldn't connect after that. Before that i had the 1.18a . I also tried your latest (1.19) and it worked but then i could't upload any zip ( duet web interface) . I install 1.17e until you tell me what i did wrong.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
May 31, 2017 01:59AM
Which version of Duet Web Control are you running at present?

May 31, 2017 08:55AM
1.14a. i also tried to install the 1.18 on my 0.6 duet but i got the same results.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
May 31, 2017 06:28PM
DWC 1.14a may be too old to work reliably with firmware 1.18. Try 1.15a or later.

June 01, 2017 01:35AM
dc42
DWC 1.14a may be too old to work reliably with firmware 1.18. Try 1.15a or later.

i installed the 1.15a and then 1.18. same result i cant't connect.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
June 01, 2017 01:45AM
Did you power cycle the duet after installing the new firmware? On all four of mine (duet 0.8.5) when I installed the new iap.bin and the 1.18.1 firmware I had to power cycle the boards before the DWC was able to connect. The reboot on the firmware upload wasn't sufficient for whatever reason.
June 01, 2017 03:03PM
PDBeal
Did you power cycle the duet after installing the new firmware? On all four of mine (duet 0.8.5) when I installed the new iap.bin and the 1.18.1 firmware I had to power cycle the boards before the DWC was able to connect. The reboot on the firmware upload wasn't sufficient for whatever reason.

yes i did . i had it on for more than an hour .

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
June 04, 2017 10:33AM
Gaou
PDBeal

yes i did . i had it on for more than an hour .

1. Try upgrading PanelDue firmware to 1.16
2. Upgarde Duet firmware to 1.18.1

The later upgrade helped me. I also go into settings of Chrome and select "CLEAR BROWSING DATA." This is a key factor for my system to connect to the web interface.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2017 09:12PM by DRTak.
June 05, 2017 03:08AM
none of all these helps me. i tried several things on the previous time but i got no interface. i am on a repeater bridge and there is something wrong in my setup . on command prompt i am taking destication host unreachable but the the results are none of the packets losteye popping smiley . even know i did one more try and i got the same results.

i thought i could install 1.19 beta ( it worked fine) but then again i am not sure as i leave prints unattended. Anyway for know i ll revert to 1.17.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
June 05, 2017 11:04AM
I suggest you do the following:

1. Take a backup of your SD card.

2. Move the SD card into a PC. Delete the /www folder in it. Create a new /www folder and extract the contents of a recent DuetWebControl.zip into it (I suggest version 1.15b or 1.16).

3. Also copy RepRapFirmware-1.18.1.bin in /sys on the SD card, and rename it to exactly RepRapFirmware.bin. Also copy the latest version of iap.bin into /sys on the SD card.

4. Put the SD card back into the Duet and start up the Duet. Then send M997 via USB or from PanelDue if you have one, to install the new firmware.

As you have 2 wired Duets on your network, can you confirm that you have changed the MAC address of one of them in its config.g file?

HTH David

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login