Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet & SSR

Posted by Nylkos 
Duet & SSR
February 23, 2017 03:35PM
I am currently building a CoreXY with duet 0.8.5.

The heatbed that I got is a 24V 350W 350 x 350mm. I currently have 2 power supply:
  • 24V 150W power supply (3D printer)
  • 24V 350W power supply (heatbed)
I was hoping to use the 350W for the bed and the 150W everything else.

From what I found, it is possible if I use a SSR (Solid State Relay). from my understanding I would require 1 for the 350W of approximately 24V & 15A.

I am looking for suggestions, make and model wise, are Aliexpress Chinese version good or should I go with specific make and model?

Also, if you have reference to a guide for Duet boards & SSR.

Thank you.
Re: Duet & SSR
February 23, 2017 04:11PM
It's all covered (I think) at [duet3d.com]. 15A is within the rating of the Duet WiFi but a little high for the Duet 085. However you can add a wire link on the back of the 085 to increase the rating.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Duet & SSR
March 23, 2017 09:13PM
Since neither power supply will run the bed with anything left over to run everything else, even if the board would handle it, it would probably be cheaper to get a good SSR than a new power supply of the power required.

Do not even think about skimping on the SSR. The cheap ones fail a lot and fall "on.". Crydom and Auber are purported to be good brands. I use Crydom D1D40s on my machines and have no complaints. Make sure to run a heat sink with thermal compound too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login