Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-Hop during FirmwareRretraction, delay possible?

Posted by Teilchen 
Z-Hop during FirmwareRretraction, delay possible?
February 16, 2017 03:25PM
Hi there, I have been using the firmware retraction since DC42 implemented it, and I am loving it. However, I think there might be yet one slight improvement worth implementing...
I have a delta with a rather long Bowden setup. Thanks to Preasure Advance I can get a decent quality out of it (decent enough for me). Retraction is working fine, however, if I use the z-hop feature, it seams like the Z movement is happening simultaneously with the retraction movement. On my setup this results in a tiny blob, or even a string, if I hop it too high.

So I have been dreaming on having a configurable time delay before the hop, but was afraid to ask smiling smiley. Actually it would be enough just to hop after the retraction is done, possibly with a higher (travel) speed?

I think this would help those with a slightly leaking extruder-setups like I have.

I know one could probably tune this out, but this seems to be happening differently with different filaments, and I really think this option would solve these type of issues.
Would it be possible to implement? Do you also find it useful?
Re: Z-Hop during FirmwareRretraction, delay possible?
February 22, 2017 09:29AM
Ok, it seems like other people do not find this feature useful spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I guess I will have to tune my Bowden setup a bit further...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login