Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BLTouch for Z sensor

Posted by lolocaledo 
BLTouch for Z sensor
February 15, 2017 08:17AM
Hi all,

For my new big Delta, I'd like to use BLTouch sensor with Duet. Is it possible ?
Mini IR sensor from DC42 is very nice but not easy to use with PEI surface.
And PEI is so good that it's my favorite print bed surface I use now.

Or what is the solution to use Mini IR sensor with PEI ? It's very difficult to obtain a consistence Z heigh even without effector tilt.
Re: BLTouch for Z sensor
February 15, 2017 03:22PM
I painted one side of my PEI matte black and then stuck it, painted side down onto my piece of glass. The PEI surface is exposed for printing on, and has a nice black surface before the glue. The IR trigger from DC42's IR boards trigger sooner than when it did on plain glass now and I've not had any repeat-ability issues with it on any one of the 3 machines that have the PEI bed.
February 15, 2017 04:15PM
PEI works reasonably well with the IR sensor if you spray the reverse side with matt black heat resistant (bargecue/stove) paint and cure it in an oven before you stick it down. Don't be tempted to omit the curing step, that type of paint needs to be heat-cured to harden and adhere well.

Several people are running bltouch with Duet. There is a thread about it in the forum at duet3d.com.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 15, 2017 10:21PM
Another vote for painting the pei and using the ir sensor. I was skeptical too, even set up an fsr system first, now I'm 100% ir on spray painted pei.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login