Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble updating

Posted by joestefano 
Trouble updating
January 24, 2017 05:39PM
Trying to update FW from 1.17c to latest. I am getting a M997 S0 error message "iap4e.bin not found" I tried all 3 of my DuetWiFi's
Re: Trouble updating
January 25, 2017 03:12AM
Do you have file iap4e.bin in /sys on the SD card? If not, you can upload it through the web interface. Get it by following this link [github.com] and pressing Download.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 25, 2017 09:37AM
Out of curiosity, how often does that iap4 file need to be updated? I can only remember one instance you suggested doing it, but this has me wondering how often it gets updated. I'm also hoping when an update is required you'll be including that note in the firmware update notes?
January 25, 2017 12:21PM
The iap4e.bin file has not needed to be updated so far. I haven't re-released it since the Duet WiFi was released.

For the older Duets, the iap.bin file needed to be updated around firmware version 1.13, when we switched from using CoreDuet as the hardware abstraction layer to CoreNG.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2017 12:21PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login