Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Changing Motor Current During Printing?

Posted by ElmoC 
Changing Motor Current During Printing?
December 30, 2016 09:27AM
Can the motor currents be changed during printing or does the Duet have to be rebooted for the changes to take effect?
Re: Changing Motor Current During Printing?
December 30, 2016 03:59PM
You can change motor currents any time you want (unlike with some other 32-bit electronics). As well as the M906 command, there is the M913 command to set the motor current to a specified percentage of the value set by M906.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 31, 2016 03:27AM
Is there a chance to implement an automatic current reduction, when the look ahead planner doesn't see any moves for a stepper? Perhaps most useful for Cartesian or CoreXY, where the z-steppers idle a lot.
December 31, 2016 04:29AM
Currently all the motor currents are reduced to idle (default 30%) when they have all been idle for a while (default 30 seconds). It would be possible to reduce them to idle independently, and perhaps have per-axis idle current percentages.

I will be implementing standstill current reduction on the Duet WiFi soon, but probably not on the older wired Duets. This will allow higher motor currents.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login