Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G32 and the new G29

Posted by PDBeal 
G32 and the new G29
December 23, 2016 03:07PM
So with the new G29 command, I've noticed a G32 wipes out the bed compensation from a G29. Based on the G-code list on the RepRapWiki, it says for a G32 it will execute the macro bed.g instead of using the M557 points. I've been using a bed.g file for quite a while now, but is it possible to change the contents of the bed.g file to just be G29 S1? Then I'll manually run a G29 when I either change the bed mounting or if something looks off at the start of a print.

I'm wondering about some of the older Gcode files I have sliced in the past that called G32 after a G28, but I'd rather not wipe out the G29 probing (primarily due to how long it takes to probe the bed). Could I change my bed.g to just call a G29 S1? Or would that cause issues with some of the DWC buttons or PanelDue buttons for bed compensation? I really don't want to purge all my old code files if I don't have to, or hand edit them if I don't need to.
Re: G32 and the new G29
December 23, 2016 03:17PM
Yes you can have your bed.g file do anything you like, including executing G29 S1 if you wish.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: G32 and the new G29
December 23, 2016 03:20PM
I thought that would be the case, just wasn't sure how that would affect DWC or the PanelDue buttons.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login