Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where to get help for the Duet series of 3D printer electronics

Posted by dc42 
Where to get help for the Duet series of 3D printer electronics
December 23, 2016 10:21AM
The documentation for the Duet series of 3D printer controller electronics is now at [duet3d.com]. Although it calls itself the Duet WiFi Wiki, most sections on it apart from the wiring diagrams are equally applicable to the Duet 0.8.5 and Duet 0.6. The wiring diagrams for the Duet 0.8.5 and Duet 0.6 are at [reprap.org].

The master document for the gcodes supported by the Duet is the wiki page at [reprap.org]. The tables at the start of each gcode command section show whether the command is supported by RepRapFirmware.

The Duet series of 3D printer controller boards are configured using the config.g file, homing files and some other gcode files in the /sys folder of the SD card. You can generate these files using the online configuration tool at [configurator.reprapfirmware.org].

Duet electronics runs RepRapFirmware. For the Duet WiFi the official builds are maintained by dc42 and can be downloaded via [github.com]. Christian Hammacher (chrishamm) also maintains a fork at [github.com]. For the Duet 0.6 and 0.8.5, the original builds by RepRapPro are no longer maintained, so please use the same links to access the dc42 or chrishamm fork. Important: to download a binary file from githib, you must follow the link to the binary file and then press the Raw button. A summary change log and upgrade notes for dc42 firmware can be found at [github.com].

The web interface used by Duet electronics is Duet Web Control and is maintained by Christian Hammacher. The master GitHub repository is [github.com], however you will usually find a binary (for the Duet WiFi) or a ZIP file (for the wired Duets) alongside the firmware binaries in the dc42 and chrishamm firmware repositories.

When using some versions of Windows you need to install a device driver to connect via USB. You can find the driver at [github.com].

If you wish to ask support questions relating to Duet electronics and RepRapFirmware, please use either this forum, or the forum at [www.duet3d.com].

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2016 04:09AM by dc42.

Delta printer calibration calculator, mini IR Z probe, and colour touch screen control panel: [escher3d.com]

Large delta printer, and other 3D printer blog postings: [miscsolutions.wordpress.com]

Full disclosure: I have a financial interest in sales of the Panel Due, Mini IR height sensor, and Duet WiFi/Duet Ethernet.
Re: Where to get help for the Duet series of 3D printer electronics
December 23, 2016 12:09PM
Might be useful to get someone to sticky this topic so it stays at the top of the list.
December 23, 2016 12:13PM
Very helpfull. Thanks david.

Sticky is a must...

RePrapPro Mendel 3
Duet 0.6 firmware 1.17e
RePrapPro Mendel 3
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.17e
December 23, 2016 12:19PM
PDBeal
Might be useful to get someone to sticky this topic so it stays at the top of the list.

I asked the admins to make it sticky immediately after I posted it.

Delta printer calibration calculator, mini IR Z probe, and colour touch screen control panel: [escher3d.com]

Large delta printer, and other 3D printer blog postings: [miscsolutions.wordpress.com]

Full disclosure: I have a financial interest in sales of the Panel Due, Mini IR height sensor, and Duet WiFi/Duet Ethernet.
December 23, 2016 12:22PM
dc42
I asked the admins to make it sticky immediately after I posted it.

Sort of surprised your not a moderator for the Duet section to control things like that yourself, especially since your the primary source for firmware and issues and such.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login