Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SD card slot on TFT 5 or 7"

Posted by lolocaledo 
SD card slot on TFT 5 or 7"
December 20, 2016 05:28PM
Hello,

Is it possible to use the second SD slot card on this screen ? My printer is with v1.16 firmware and last firmware version of PanelDue.

thank you
Re: SD card slot on TFT 5 or 7"
December 21, 2016 03:34AM
If you have a version 2.0 PanelDue and a Duet WiFi then it's easy to do, because both have a connector to take a ribbon cable for this purpose. With an earlier version of PanelDue or a Duet 0.6 or 0.8.5, it's possible in theory but the wiring is trickier.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 02, 2017 12:34PM
Hello DC42,

I'm also interested in using the second SD card slot on the screen. I had a look on the schematics of the duet WiFi and my duet v0.8.5. SPI and voltage we can get from the gpio but the ENC_SW pin is not connected. Does it mean we have to solder a wire direct on the processor or is there another possibility?

Thank you

Prusa i3 clone Anet A8
duet v0.8.5 with 7" touch screen on paneldue and mini IR Sensor
Bowden extruder
January 02, 2017 01:32PM
You don't need to connect the ENC_SW pin, that was included for use with a different type of LCD display. Likewise you don't need to worry about the 3.3V pin because the TFT panel already provides 3.3V to the SD card slot.

With the Duet WiFi and PanelDue 2.0 you just need to connect a 10-way ribbon cable between the connectors on the PanelDue and the Duet WiFi. If you have an older PanelDue and/or a Duet 0.8.5, the wiring is a little more complicated. Recent versions of PanelDue and DWC include support for the second SD slot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2017 01:32PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 18, 2017 08:56AM
How can I print from external SD card? I've connected SPI0_MOSI, MISO, SCK, CS0 pins with my sd card, powered it by 3.3V but can't find it? Shall I enable it somwhere?
January 18, 2017 09:36AM
Is there any logic in the PanelDue project to detect if the SD card on the TFT is actually connected? I keep accidentally hitting the button to swap which SD card your looking at while trying to change pages of what gcode files are on the Duet 0.8.5 SD card because the two buttons are very similar and too close together. It would be nice to only show this button if the SD card detects a card inserted, or move the button somewhere else, or have something in a config.g file to enable or disable the TFT SD card.
January 18, 2017 12:38PM
Unfortunately the SD card slot on the TFT panels does not provide a Card Detect pin, so no.

I'll see if I can increase the spacing between the card select button and the scroll buttons. A gcode command to disable the external SD card would be possible too.

January 18, 2017 01:45PM
Or, the icons your using for paging and selecting the SD card are very similar. Would it be possible to make the SD card selection button use the same icon that you use on the button on the Control page?
January 18, 2017 03:05PM
Good idea. In the next firmware release, I'll move the icon to the left of the "Files on SD Card 1" text and also use the SD card icon.

January 19, 2017 11:17AM
Is there any way to see the external SD card files via web interface?
January 28, 2017 11:45AM
maczar
Is there any way to see the external SD card files via web interface?

Yes, that's supported in Duet Web Control 1.13 and later.

January 28, 2017 11:48AM
For anyone who has been trying to get a second SD card working with a Duet 085 or Duet 06:

- The connections needed are documented at [duet3d.com];

- You need RepRapFirmware version 1.17d or later.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login