Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New PanelDue firmware 1.15 beta 2

Posted by dc42 
New PanelDue firmware 1.15 beta 2
September 05, 2016 03:32PM
I have released new PanelDue firmware at [github.com]. Here is the change log:

* Added support for multiple colour schemes - not yet complete because we need icons with palettes to finish this
* Improved layout of file information popup
* Avoid overlapping keys when the keyboard is displayed on 5" and 7" screens
* Clear popups when reconnected to host after a firmware update
* Fixed crash when parsing large floating point numbers (caused by buggy GNU implementation of strtod function)
* Moved SD card icon to Control page
* Support a second SD card when connected to hardware that supports it (needs RepRapFirmware 1.15c)
* Display the error code if the hoist fails to retrieve the directory listing (needs RepRapFirmware 1.15c)
* M117 with no argument clears an existing alert
* When a print finishes, revert to displaying the machine name in the title bar
* Provide brightness control, for hardware that supports it
* Improved colours of the current temperature field when it is in the fault state
* Handle new heater status 'tuning'
* Capitalize the initial letters of 'active', 'standby' and 'current'

The dark colour scheme doesn't work very well yet, because I need to work out a way of using a single set of icons in multiple colour schemes. Using the current encoding of icons, there isn't space to store a separate set of icons for each colour scheme.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2016 03:45PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New PanelDue firmware 1.15 beta 2
September 06, 2016 04:09AM
Excellent I will try this tonight.

One thing I would like to suggest as a future improvement is to include the emergency stop button on the Control screen. It would have been really useful last night whenI was tuning limit switch location to have a quick access to it. At least on the 7" screen there is some space for it I think.

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
September 06, 2016 07:48AM
It's already on my list to add an emergency stop button. Any idea where it should go? The only place where it would be on all 4 pages is somewhere along the bottom. Or it could go at the top left and only be present on the Control and Print pages.

I released a small update this morning, so that on the Console page there are now 2 lines of output visible below the keyboard instead of one when using the 4.3 inch display.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 06, 2016 12:08PM
Loaded 1.15beta3 on my panel due 1.1 board with 7" screen without issues. Anecdotally it seemed quicker to connect, but that's a feeling rather than being scientific smiling smiley

As for the stop button. If you made the Control/Print/Console/Setup buttons a little less wide there would be room for a square button in either the center (my preference - like a modern car hazard button) or on the far right. I'm thinking it could be like the extruder buttons but with a stop picture or red with ES.

And to be really picky, on the print status the time left, filament, layer stats would also look nice capitalised too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2016 12:40PM by DADIY.

My Thingiverse Creations
September 06, 2016 01:00PM
One other thing that I notice, if a heater is on and the temperature is blank then the paneldue will read -273, is there a way to make that blank too.

My Thingiverse Creations
September 06, 2016 01:31PM
Tonight's the night for finding little things.

If I press the extruder 1 heater button it toggles between active and standby temperatures if I press the bed heater button it will turn the heater on, but a second press should I think turn it off, but this doesn't happen.

My Thingiverse Creations
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login