Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

stepper motor behavior

Posted by Pz212 
stepper motor behavior
April 20, 2016 12:33PM
hi i have a stange problem on my kossel XL i upgraded to duet 0,8,5 and dc42,s firmware.

it homes and measures everything just fine. but it will not home one of the towers after bed leveling. it moves when you send a move comand but i will not move when homing. i have to power it completly down to make it home again.

also had a similar problem when i did a spiral vase. i made a new profile in simplify3d for the kossel xl. and sudenly the platform was offset to one side by maybe 100mm tried reslicing but still the same issue

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2016 01:38PM by Pz212.
Re: stepper motor behavior
April 21, 2016 01:39PM
this is the m666 and m665 comands in console right after the bed leveling. i trid updating to the latest dc42 firmware but still the same issues.
tried putting in new config files aswell but still the same issue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2016 04:55PM by Pz212.
Attachments:
open | download - WIN_20160421_19_35_04_Pro.jpg (206.5 KB)
April 21, 2016 06:36PM
If it won't home a tower, that suggests that the firmware thinks that the endstop switch on that tower is already triggered. To find out, either check the machine status in the web interface, or send M119.

Please attach your config.g file to your next post.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 22, 2016 03:41AM
Pz212
this is the m666 and m665 comands in console right after the bed leveling. i trid updating to the latest dc42 firmware but still the same issues.

First thing I noticed is that you have rod length at 310 and Bed Radius at 290.0 one of those must be wrong and I suspect you have put in the Bed Diameter rather than its radius?

I Think at those setting's it is probably confusing the hell out of the Cal routines but DC42 will have to comment on that as I am no expert.

HTH

Doug
PRZ
April 22, 2016 07:34AM
Bed radius is the radius where the head is allowed to go, this is now called 'safe' radius. It does not have any effect on the movement calculation, except to limit it. Practically, this means this machine does not have any travel safety.

The Delta radius is what is important here and 160mm is large for a 310mm arm, but plausible.

dougal1957
Pz212

First thing I noticed is that you have rod length at 310 and Bed Radius at 290.0 one of those must be wrong and I suspect you have put in the Bed Diameter rather than its radius?

I Think at those setting's it is probably confusing the hell out of the Cal routines but DC42 will have to comment on that as I am no expert.

HTH

Doug

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2016 07:38AM by PRZ.
April 23, 2016 03:31AM
thanks for your help smiling smiley

it was ideed something going on in one of the endstops. when i changed it evrything was fine smiling smiley

and i had completly missed the part about the bed radius. now it all workes like a charm smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login