Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet and 500c Dyzend thermister

Posted by aussiephil 
Duet and 500c Dyzend thermister
April 11, 2016 11:16PM
Hey Chris or David,

Has or can the firmware handle the Dyze Design Dyzend 500c thermistor they are using? They have published firmware configs for Marlin, Repetier and Smoothie.

I know I could just buy a E3Dv6 and get on with it but something has got me intrigued with the Dyzend..... nearly hit buy twice in three days smiling smiley

Cheers
Phil
Re: Duet and 500c Dyzend thermister
April 12, 2016 01:19PM
As long as you can get the B value for the thermistor and use M143 to set the maximum temperature
I don't see why the Duet can't handle it
April 12, 2016 05:13PM
If you provide a link to either the thermistor datasheet or preferably its resistance vs temperature table, then I can give you the B value to use in the M305 command in config.g.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
PRZ
April 12, 2016 07:06PM
The table is in the second post of this thread:
[groups.google.com]
April 13, 2016 07:49PM
Thanks PRZ and Dave (in advance of the value) smiling smiley

guess I'll go and buy a dyzend now so I can design the effector mount and cooling setup..... think my large delta is becoming Big Expensive Experience, with a real sting to the wallet smiling smiley by the time I pair that with a Bondtech QR i'll have spent more on those two bits than many spend on a smaller machine smiling smiley

Cheers
April 14, 2016 03:00AM
Based on that temperature table, in your M305 command for that hot end you should use a T value of 4500000 and a B value of 5120. I have chosen the B value to give best accuracy in the 200 to 280C range.

That thermistor has a very high resistance (4.5Mohms) at 25C, which may be problematic - and not just with the Duet. You will need an H correction to get reasonable indication at room temperature. Depending on the SAM3X chip on your Duet, you may find that you always get a reading of -273C at room temperature, but you can get readings at higher temperatures e.g. by heating the hot end with a hair dryer. If so, you will need to connect a resistor in parallel with the thermistor to get it to read at low temperatures.

IMO a thermocouple or RTD would be a better option than a thermistor for covering a wide range of temperatures.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login