Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

jumping layers after pause

Posted by Gaou 
jumping layers after pause
April 11, 2016 02:25PM
Guys yesterday i ve notice a problem that runs in one of my mendels. Today i spot exactly the cause . I was thinking that there was something wrong and after pause sometimes it was getting the nozzle higher than it should be.

Today i notice that it is just jumping layers. Any ideas what to look ?

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Re: jumping layers after pause
April 12, 2016 02:30AM
Which firmware are you running?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 12, 2016 04:56AM
i was running the 10-4 but it happened with an earlier version . the strange thing is both of the mendels running same firmware but it happens only to the one of them. today i got a look at resume and pause commands and didn't find anything there ( just did a comparison between the files from the two sd cards.) .

I suspect that there is something wrong with the slic3r settings.

From yesterday i uploaded the last beta of urs to the one and today on the second. I am printing now and thank God i didn't had anything wrong until now to pause the printing . but i keep that in mind so on the next pause to look better and closer the printer.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
April 12, 2016 05:51PM
Perhaps you have your maximum Z speed configured too high? When you resume a print, I think it uses the configured maximum Z speed when lowering the nozzle.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

April 13, 2016 01:24AM
Now that you 've mention it i think that in those printings i had the fails i might have the hotend moved higher than the maximun z....! i am not sure but because i need to see the nozzle to insert a drill for unclog it i do it ( getting the tip high) so it maybe the cause.

Thanks for the tip David.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
April 13, 2016 06:36PM
I noticed a similar issue with the 1.10 release. I accidentally hit the pause button on my PanelDue during a print.

Upon resuming the print, it started printing the next layer without completing the layer it was on. I let it go and it finished "okay" as the perimeter had already printed and the rest was infil. Slicer was Simplify3D if that lends any insight.
May 05, 2016 12:51AM
it happened again yesterday .it was a pause on layer two and it resumed the print from the 4rth. weird ....!

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
May 05, 2016 03:45AM
I've made a note to review the code in this area and do some tests.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login