Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet & Simplify3d

Posted by Freebird01 
Duet & Simplify3d
April 08, 2016 10:15AM
Trying to get simplify3d to connect with my duet board....im running 1.09e of DC42's firmware fork...

any hints or tricks to look for? I know im using the right com port but it still wont connect
Re: Duet & Simplify3d
April 08, 2016 12:38PM
Do you have the baud rate set correctly? Can you connect to the web UI via ethernet to ensure the board is working correctly?
April 08, 2016 04:18PM
You need to select hardware flow control in the S3D comms parameters.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 08, 2016 08:05PM
Hello,

Hardware flow control have to be selected in Simplify3D.
Do you use Windows or MacOS ?
April 09, 2016 11:38PM
I was just wondering, can Simplify3D save gcode files directly to the SD card on Duet board?
April 10, 2016 02:26AM
Not as far as I know. I have given some thought to running a Dropbox client on the Duet so that you could slice to a local folder on the PC and the Duet would download the files automatically.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 10, 2016 08:18AM
Sorry guys...hate to dump a question and run...the printer is at work so I won't be able to mess with it until tomorrow.

I know I am able to connect with pronterface just fine and that's what I've been doing. Slice with s3D and print with p-face.

Baud rate and com port were the same in both. I'll try it tomorrow and see what I come up with.

The only problem I see with slicing to the SD card on the duet board is that's where all your parameters are stored. Personally I'd rather leave it that way so those are easy to find and adjust if necessary rather then have them lost in a sea of gcode files.

While drop box would work, there is a time lag there from the time you download to the local file till the client refreshes. So you would be able to print the instant you hit the button. Most of us aren't that patient...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2016 08:22AM by Freebird01.
April 10, 2016 09:00AM
dc42
I have given some thought to running a Dropbox client on the Duet so that you could slice to a local folder on the PC and the Duet would download the files automatically.

Well, we already have this tool: [forums.reprap.org]
April 11, 2016 09:10AM
i didnt have hardware flow control selected...all works fine now. thanks guys!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login