Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IP camera integration

Posted by PRZ 
PRZ
IP camera integration
April 06, 2016 08:01AM
I am working on the doc of the Duet and I would like to have some information about the IP camera integration.

Can someone having made such installation send a screen copy with a real printer in the view ? On this forum this is ok, else send me a pm
Also, I would like to have some information how it does work. From what I understood, the webcam shall send still images to a static address and then DWC poll this location.
It might be interesting to record images, but I assume that yet it can ony be done outside DWC by utilities supplied with the IP cam. Does someone can recommend a generic software for that ?

The lowest cost IP cam I found is the TOP-201 [www.ipcamtalk.com] in 720P. It does exist another version with IR leds [www.ebay.com] (note that they qualify 720P def (1280x720) as 1MP).

Does someone tested it ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2016 08:02AM by PRZ.
Re: IP camera integration
April 06, 2016 09:27AM
Hi PRZ,
raspberry-pi camera with 1280 x 720... fixed IP on port 8081

I'm not sure it's the best camera position... but I'm testing

Dario
p.s. [www.zoneminder.com] (my choice for all my surveillance and cameras)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2016 09:39AM by Ormerod187.

Ormerod 187
Firmware Electronics: Duet 0.6
Firmware Version:1.18.1 (2017-04-07)
Web Interface Version:1.15a
Slic3r 1.2.9a and Simplify3D 4.0.0
[www.dropbox.com]
PRZ
April 06, 2016 09:44AM
Thank you Dario but I am interested by Duet Web Control integration, because indeed it remove the need of a RaspBerry Pi , making the Duet an all purpose board without adding any other hardware than a low cost camera.

BTW, there is another potential camera by KKmoon, which in addition to IP connection do have Wifi and local SD storage, for quite the same cost. Problem is I did not find valid reviews and the documentation photos shown are for different cameras, whic call for suspicion.
[www.ebay.com]
April 06, 2016 09:49AM
Dario,
Can you please describe the RPI setup to open up the port for the DWC to connect ?

PRZ,
The RPI is a low cost camera and a lot of folks have one already. The way Dario is configuring it in the DWC needs to be documented on your wiki page for others that may have a camera that streams images on a port.

TIA,
Rick

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2016 09:56AM by llamatrails.
April 06, 2016 10:06AM
PRZ.... I love open source only for my printers winking smiley
TIA
[www.raspberrypi.org]
I'm using Raspberry Pi Model A/B (old)

Dario

Ormerod 187
[www.dropbox.com]
PRZ
April 06, 2016 11:06AM
Ok Dario, I have been a bit too quick and had not understood that you were only using the pi for sending images, as an standalone IP camera.

In fact, what you are giving in configuration tab is a IP port adress on your pi, and that is sufficient to get an image ? The Ilamatrails comment imply you do have to configure something on the pi to send camera output to this port ? with specific raspberry software or zoneminder?

What I don't understand on your screen copy is where it is extracted from?
It is in the printing tab prior the statistics ? Can I have a whole tab view to show the 'whole picture'

I did not get the allusion of your last post ?

Pierre
April 06, 2016 11:28AM
PRZ
Ok Dario, I have been a bit too quick and had not understood that you were only using the pi for sending images, as an standalone IP camera.

In fact, what you are giving in configuration tab is a IP port adress on your pi, and that is sufficient to get an image ? The Ilamatrails comment imply you do have to configure something on the pi to send camera output to this port ? with specific raspberry software or zoneminder?

What I don't understand on your screen copy is where it is extracted from?
It is in the printing tab prior the statistics ? Can I have a whole tab view to show the 'whole picture'

I did not get the allusion of your last post ?

Pierre

Hi Pierre,
you need to setup Raspberry Cam only.
You need IP and port only for the Duet web interface
[www.raspberrypi.org] (an old example)

Dario

Ormerod 187
[www.dropbox.com]
PRZ
April 06, 2016 12:44PM
Ok, done here : [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login