Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't connect to Duet 0.6

Posted by gmh39 
Can't connect to Duet 0.6
March 08, 2016 07:57PM
So I have been trying to connect to my RepRapPro Duet 0.6 and can't seem to get anything to work. Right now I have uploaded dc42's latest fork of the Reprap Firmware and loaded the necessary files to SD card. Ideally, I would like to be able to connect to the printer via my browser (Chrome). I have the printer connected directly to the wireless router I have for my apartment. My understanding is that to connect via browser, I just type the same IP address I entered in the config.g file, correct (and this should also be the same IP the comes up in my CommandPrompt)? If so, then something must be wrong because when I do that, I get a "page not found" error in Chrome.

Anyone else had this problem?

Side question: Is there a way to edit the config.g file without having to remove the SD card and plug it directly into my computer?

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
Re: Can't connect to Duet 0.6
March 09, 2016 12:29AM
first of all can you connect through usb and pronteface ? secondly did you changed the gateway too or only the ip of the printer? does ur utp cable work? when you plug it in the printer does the leds on the utp port switch on ?

you can edit the config file through the web interface.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
March 09, 2016 02:12AM
Also you need to make sure that the IP address you chose for the printer is on the same subnet as your PC. So find out the IP address of your computer (e.g. if it is running Windows, run ipconfig from a command shell) and check that the IP address you assigned to the Duet differs only in the last of the four numbers, and is not already used by another device.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 09, 2016 08:52AM
Gaou
first of all can you connect through usb and pronteface ? secondly did you changed the gateway too or only the ip of the printer? does ur utp cable work? when you plug it in the printer does the leds on the utp port switch on ?

you can edit the config file through the web interface.

Yea, I was able to connect through Repetier Host and move the motors a bit. I matched the Gateway to the number that came up when I sent ipconfig. The LEDs in the ethernet port do light up (an orangish yellow color).

Also you need to make sure that the IP address you chose for the printer is on the same subnet as your PC. So find out the IP address of your computer (e.g. if it is running Windows, run ipconfig from a command shell) and check that the IP address you assigned to the Duet differs only in the last of the four numbers, and is not already used by another device.

This might be it. I matched the IP address exactly. I'll try changing the last 4 numbers.

greghoge.com

March 09, 2016 10:06AM
It's the last 1, 2 or 3 digit number you need to change. For example, if your machine is 192.168.1.1 and the gateway is 192.168.1.254, then 192.168.1.80 might be a good choice, provided no other device is using that address already.

Another way that works with most but not all routers is to set the IP address to 0.0.0.0 and then address the printer in the browser by its name as defined in the M550 command. For example, one of my printers is configured like this:

M550 PKossel		            ; Machine name (can be anything you like)
M552 P0.0.0.0			    ; IP address (0 = use DHCP)
M554 P192.168.0.254                 ; Gateway
M553 P255.255.255.0                 ; Netmask

Then in my Chrome address bar I type "http://kossel". If you use this method, choose a machine name that contains no spaces or special characters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2016 10:26AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

PRZ
March 09, 2016 11:24AM
For the edition of the config.g file, you have two solutions:
- Using the incorporated editor in the web interface, but that doesn't work with all browsers. That is accessed in the "settings" window, sub-panel "configuration file".

- Editing the config.g file and uploading it via FTP. This have the advantage that you always have an up to date copy of your configuration file in your computer.
To log in FTP, you shall use the machine name as defined in the config.g file, for the user name any name e.g. 'whatever' and the password as defined in the config.g file (the leading 'P' is not part of the name nor password)
You could be simultaneously be logged in FTP and in http (web interface). If you have difficulties to connect directly in FTP, connect first with the web interface, this helps FTP connection.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2016 10:42AM by PRZ.
March 10, 2016 03:59AM
PRZ
- Editing the config.g file and uploading it via FTP. This have the advantage that you always have an up to date copy of your configuration file in your computer.
To log in FTP, you shall use the machine name as defined in the config.g file, for the user name any name e.g. 'whatever' and the password as defined in the config.g file (the leading 'P' is not part of the name nor password)
You could be simultaneously be logged in FTP and in http (web interface). If you have difficulties to connect directly in FTP, connect first with the web interface, this helps FTP connection.

every day is a learning day.

thanks mate for the infos . Much better a connection trough ftp

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
March 10, 2016 08:24AM
You don't need to use FTP to upload the config.g file, you can do it on the Settings tab of the web interface. Similarly for the homing filed, bed.g etc.

March 10, 2016 09:45PM
Connected! thumbs up

Edit - Now I am trying to tune the motor current by editing the Config.g file through the web interface, but everytime I go to "Apply Settings" I get an error saying:

"An AJAX error has been reported, so the current session has been terminated.

Please check if your printer is still on and try to connect again.

Error reason: Unknown message type or not authenticated"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2016 10:05PM by gmh39.

greghoge.com

March 11, 2016 03:56AM
gmh39
Connected! thumbs up

Edit - Now I am trying to tune the motor current by editing the Config.g file through the web interface, but everytime I go to "Apply Settings" I get an error saying:

"An AJAX error has been reported, so the current session has been terminated.

Please check if your printer is still on and try to connect again.

Error reason: Unknown message type or not authenticated"

Check that your firmware and web interface versions are compatible. If you are using my 1.09r-dc42 release then I suggest web interface 1.08 because I haven't tested chrishamm's latest web interface version with it yet.

March 11, 2016 08:25AM
How do I do that? I thought the web interface was written into the firmware..

greghoge.com

March 11, 2016 11:15AM
gmh39
How do I do that? I thought the web interface was written into the firmware..

in the web interface at the settings tab you can see what firmware and web interface you are using. if you want them to be replaced you have to download some files and place them in the "www" folder.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
March 11, 2016 06:57PM
Not sure what happened, but now it is letting me update the config file through the web interface...

greghoge.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login