Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet broken, needs repair ;(

Posted by Sergio 
Duet broken, needs repair ;(
February 14, 2016 12:46PM
Hi,

I accidentally touched a metal rod of my printer with the FAN0 cables of a Duet 0.8.5 + Duex v0.2a, a loud spark jumped over and my FAN0 stopped working, the fan is running at low speed all the time.

I posted this already here: post

Later I noticed that E1 is only going in retraction direction, even if extruding, and when retracting in the retraction direction.
E3 is only shaking back and forth in either direction. E0, E2, E4, E5 are working as aspected.
The PMV40UN2R of FAN0 is visibly brocken, but no other visible damages.

What else could be brocken and could somebody repair the board for money?
Could the expansion board also have a problem, E3 is on the expansion board?
I think I could swap the broken PMV40UN2R, but it would surly not solve the other problems.

I'm living in Germany.

Thank you in advance for any help.
--
Sergio
Re: Duet broken, needs repair ;(
February 14, 2016 05:06PM
If you used a known good cable and motor to test E3 then it sounds like the E3 driver chip needs replacing. The E1 problem may indicate a blown output pin on the microcontroller, or again it could be a faulty driver chip.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 15, 2016 11:16AM
Thank you very much, I'm trying to workaround this via software and have some issues I posted here.
I think I will try to use the board as long as possible and get a new one as soon as your newly announced board will be available later this year!
I hope it will be very soon! ;-)
February 15, 2016 11:46AM
If four extruder drives is enough for you, you can either just ignore E1 and E3, or in my firmware fork you can remap the drivers using the M569 command so as to have E0 thru E3 working (but connected to different outputs) and E4, 5 broken. Then replace the mosfet to get the fan working again.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login