Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bed Mesh

Posted by jbolt 
Bed Mesh
December 06, 2017 09:10PM
(UPDATE) Disregard, I figured it out.

I have the printer tuned pretty good now. I'm getting the best prints I have ever done with PETG. I love how easy it is to adjust the setting on the Duet. One of the last remaining bits is the bed mesh.

For a CoreXY printer do I put the M557 in the bed.g file or in the config.g file? Does G29 need to be in either of these files? Are there any other M or G codes that need to be included in the bed.g or config.g file.

Not sure of the placement and order of the m & G codes.

On the machine control tab of the web control what does "Run Mesh Grid Compensation" trigger? the bed.g file or??

If anyone has an example of their bed mesh code for a CoreXY printer it would be appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2017 12:11AM by jbolt.
Re: Bed Mesh
December 07, 2017 02:20AM
M557 normally goes in config.g because you normally want to use the same values every time.

If your printer has multiple independently driven motors for the Z axis, then you will normally use bed.g to do bed levelling by adjusting the leadscrews. If not, then you can repurpose bed.g to run G29 mesh levelling if you wish.

"Run mesh compensation" will send G29.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 11, 2017 10:32PM
I have the bed mesh configured and it probes the bed correctly. Question, after running G92 how does the controller know to use the current height map during a print? or do I need to add G92 S1 to my start script or?
December 12, 2017 03:12AM
You meant G29 S1? If you've just done a G29 bed mesh it is valid until you send M561 to cancel it.
You can put a G29 S1 behind G28 in your start code to use the stored heightmap on SD-card.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login