Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Decided on Duet...

Posted by JustSumGuy 
Decided on Duet...
November 06, 2017 04:35PM
Just waiting for a way to spend a little less or save up a bit more smiling smiley

Question, that may have been answered b4 smiling smiley

Can I connect my heat brake fan to the board and configure it to bring that fan on based on hotend thermistor temp?
E3d V6 30mm fans are damn noisy and it would be nice if it was off until the hotend hits like 50c and its actually needed....

Thanx
Re: Decided on Duet...
November 06, 2017 05:51PM
Yes you can, in fact Fan 1 is set up this way by default. See [www.duet3d.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 06, 2017 06:25PM
Thanx for the quick answer DC42 smiling smiley

Now I just have to get over the hollow feeling in my wallet after I ordered a pile of bits to build a hyper-cube evolution....
November 08, 2017 07:57PM
Few more questions.
I went and ordered a DuetWifi, let the visa bill land where it may.....

I wanted to use opto endstops like these:
[www.aliexpress.com]
but I am not sure if they are 3.3v or not, anyone know if these are ok?

I plan to build a dual extruder system using the same opto endstops as filament runout sensors.

I am thinking of running them in parallel so if either sensor trips the system goes into pause.

when I started looking into how to connect this I found some references to a rotating magnet sensor system.... can opto sensors be used here?

[duet3d.com]

Thanx
November 09, 2017 04:01AM
Unfortunately I can't tell whether that endstop will work on 3.3V from the photos. Some optical endstops work OK on 3.3V, and the others can normally be made to work by changing one resistor.

If you connect two of those in parallel, then you may need to disconnect the LED on one of them, because otherwise the opto switch on one of them would have to drive both LEDs when only one filament is present.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login