Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tmc2130 very loud on fast movements

Posted by Kyzuuh 
Tmc2130 very loud on fast movements
April 30, 2018 08:11PM
Hi guys, first post on here!

Getting a tad frustrated after installing my tmc2130's. Everything seems to work flawlessly except for fast movements. My wiring is fine, I've triple checked and ram diagnostics to confirm I can communicate with all the registers just fine. This happens in stealthchop and spreadcycle and also only seems to happen when I'm running UBL or auto calibration (I haven't gotten to printing yet, trying to figure this out first.)
I'm running Marlin 2.0 bugfix on my kossel xl. I've played around with motor currents from very high to very low values and it seems to always be there for fast movements.

I've removed my carriages all together just now as well as my effector so I only have the belts and motors and the sound still persists on fast moves.

I should also mention that while running 2.0, I'm still on an 8-bit controller. This may be my issue as the code thinks so can write fast enough to move at the speeds I'm going without changing the microsteps.

I'll link to my reddit post below, since my video is too large to upload here. Any help is appreciated!
[www.reddit.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2018 08:11PM by Kyzuuh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login