Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.0 and Smoothie

Posted by StlLooking 
Marlin 2.0 and Smoothie
February 18, 2018 04:16PM
Hi,

Has anyone begun testing with the above combo?

If so, what's the process for installing Marlin on the smoothie that is working OK with smoothieware, but I am generally more comfortable with Marlin.

I can access the smoothie via the Arduino IDE Console and get version etc, just a little nervous about uploading.

Not sure what I need, an Arduino board definition file or what?

Need some guidance here.

Thanks
Re: Marlin 2.0 and Smoothie
February 19, 2018 04:49PM
Most people are using PlatformIO for the 32-bit boards. You can find complete instructions for getting your board up at [github.com]
Right now... We are not over writing the Smoothieware boot loader so it makes it very easy for somebody to try Marlin and go back to Smoothieware if they decide to do that.
February 23, 2018 07:31AM
I'm doing some tests with the Re-ARM board, that is built for smoothieware, but should be able to run Marlin 2.0.x (compile using Atom+PlatformIO) Process is easy: Just place the firmware.bin file on the microSD card and boot. If you by Smoothie mean the actual SmoothieBoard, there does not seem to be a specific target for it as of now. It is not defined in the boards.h file, and there is no specific pins file for it.
March 12, 2018 02:04PM
I've been using Marlin 2.0.x on my Re-ARM for a few months now without any major problems

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login