Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No power to Z-axis in Marlin with TCM 2130 Drivers.

Posted by VDfreesince1983 
No power to Z-axis in Marlin with TCM 2130 Drivers.
January 08, 2018 02:32PM
I'm stuck... I am sure the problem is something simple that I am missing, I recently switched from Repetier to Marlin to take advantage of the TCM 2130 Drivers. All of my electronics (Arduino Mega/Ramps 1.4/ Drivers) are fresh and I have trouble shot everything else. The X/Y/E0 work perfectly (the homing options on these drivers are amazing), However I have zero power on my Z I checked both motors (they light an LED when turned manually) with the printer on I can move the Z-axis freely as if there is no power. I checked my Z pins with a multimeter and I am getting nothing out of the board, Its as if the firmware has them disabled by default somewhere. I have never used Marlin before and cant seem to find anything piece of code that might cause this problem, I have attached a Text file of my Config.h (all of the unrelated variables have been left at Marlin's defaults). Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have built about 5 printers and this thing (Mendel Max 2 frame my neighbor found in a dumpster) has been giving me a hard time at every step. Thanks!
Attachments:
open | download - Config.txt (133.1 KB)
Re: No power to Z-axis in Marlin with TCM 2130 Drivers.
January 09, 2018 02:28PM
have you double checked all the jumpers from the stepsticks to the AUX2 and AUX3 connectors on the RAMPS?

Since your X/Y work and your Z does not I wonder if the lines from the Z stepstick are the problem...

P.S. The settings for TMC2130 SPI are in Configuration_adv.h

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2018 02:36PM by JustSumGuy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login