Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1.1.8 Homing correctly but not when running print

Posted by Oben221 
1.1.8 Homing correctly but not when running print
January 04, 2018 05:00PM
Hello, i decided to update my firmware today in my CR-10S to accommodate a Z probe in the coming days so, after downloading and following a few youtube videos the printer started with the new marlin 1.1.8 and homed perfectly. however when i start a print the bed and hot end heat up as expected. but the shoots over to the opposite side of home. so i rehome and it homes perfectly again but press print again and you guested it moves completely the wrong way. any ideas why this is?

Any and all help is thanked in advance.
Re: 1.1.8 Homing correctly but not when running print
January 04, 2018 05:12PM
Just a thought, but maybe you have two problems working in tandem.

lets say the motor direction is reversed AND the end stop is set to the opposite end..

in that case I think it would home but then run backwards...

playing it out in my mind I see it anyhow smiling smiley
January 04, 2018 05:16PM
Well I have seen this as the problem so I tried to change the home from -1(min) to 1(max) but then I get an error for my endstops need to be wires to max when there wired to min as standard would this still be the issue?
January 04, 2018 07:07PM
I really don't know your printer layout but I believe when you set the firmware to end stops max or min, your telling the firmware where the end stop is physically.
Not just where its plugged in on the controller.

This is something I messed around with until it worked, and that was a while back.

hopefully one of the marlin minds like Roxy will stop by this thread soon smiling smiley
January 05, 2018 09:55AM
JustSumGuy Thank you for your help turns out it was in fact the wires to the motors needed to be reversed thank you for the idea thumbs upsmileys with beer
January 06, 2018 10:37AM
Oben221
JustSumGuy Thank you for your help turns out it was in fact the wires to the motors needed to be reversed thank you for the idea thumbs upsmileys with beer

Glad to help smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login