Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Odd inductive sensor triggering issue - z axis min

Posted by rjcuomo1 
Odd inductive sensor triggering issue - z axis min
January 02, 2018 05:13PM
So, if I home through the smart controller display in the "prepare" menu, everything works normally and correctly. Everything homes then I can bed run the "bed leveling" and that works normally as well. The problem comes in when I try to print. X and Y home fine (they use optical end stops), then Z does it's first bump, the sensor triggers then the plate moves downwards. The LED on the probe stays turned on and plate doesn't return for the second homing bump. Then the printer just continues on with the printing. The probe LED indicates triggered even though it's 10 mm from the bed though the z-axis says it's 0 on the display. This happens when I try to print by SD or USB. Once the probe gets locked up like that, it won't even home through the prepare menu anymore. I have to reset the printer or power cycle to get it to home correctly again through the menu. Has anyone else had this issue?

Version: Marlin 1.1.7
Printer: Homemade Corexy printer
Probe: 61mm-M12-DC-5V-NPN-NO-LJ12A3-4-Z-BX-5V-300mA-Inductive-Proximity-Sensor-Switch
Code:
//===========================================================================
//============================== Endstop Settings ===========================
//===========================================================================

// @section homing

// Specify here all the endstop connectors that are connected to any endstop or probe.
// Almost all printers will be using one per axis. Probes will use one or more of the
// extra connectors. Leave undefined any used for non-endstop and non-probe purposes.
#define USE_XMIN_PLUG
#define USE_YMIN_PLUG
#define USE_ZMIN_PLUG
//#define USE_XMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_YMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_ZMAX_PLUG

// coarse Endstop Settings
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#if DISABLED(ENDSTOPPULLUPS)
// fine endstop settings: Individual pullups. will be ignored if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN_PROBE
#endif

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the probe.

// Enable this feature if all enabled endstop pins are interrupt-capable.
// This will remove the need to poll the interrupt pins, saving many CPU cycles.
//#define ENDSTOP_INTERRUPTS_FEATURE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 05:17PM by rjcuomo1.
Re: Odd inductive sensor triggering issue - z axis min
January 03, 2018 02:07AM
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0 // Z offset: -below +above [the nozzle]

you need to set this to 10
January 03, 2018 06:57PM
The offset is set to 4 since that's the offset between the nozzle and the probe but it had no effect either way.
January 13, 2018 12:58PM
Any other suggestions?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login