Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motors Off after 2 mins ?

Posted by MDFChris 
Motors Off after 2 mins ?
December 30, 2017 06:28AM
I've just upgraded from Marlin 1.1.0-RC3 to 1.1.8 and I'm getting some sort of timeout occuring. I home all axis and then after approx 2 mins the motors switch off and the display shows flashing '?' for the axis positions ? I can rehome all axis and the same thing happens again after 2 mins ?

I've also tried V 1.1.0-1 and this behaves in the same way but V1.1.0-RC3 is fine ?

Is there a timeout running that I'm not aware of that switches off the motors after a period of inactivity ? I havn't tried running a print yet as I still need to make some finishing touches to the extruders (Flex3drive).

I'm running RAMPS 1.3 with 2 extruders, dual Z steppers and dual Z endstops with an extra stepper driver attached to the RAMPS board. Also attached is a REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER.
Re: Motors Off after 2 mins ?
December 31, 2017 04:51AM
Sorted !

I did a search for '120' (2 x 60 seconds) through the Marlin code and found DEFAULT_STEPPER_DEACTIVE_TIME 120 in configuration_adv which switches the motors off after a period of inactivity. What I don't understand is it was present in the old version I have used for ages and didn't seem to cause the same problem ?, never mind its sorted now.

Chris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login