Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

User Error? Endstops don't work

Posted by fiveseven808 
User Error? Endstops don't work
December 28, 2017 05:41AM
So I'm sorta at wits end here.. I'm definitely new to building a printer, so that could be it.

Here's the situation: I have a chinese RAMPS v1.4 + arduino + LCD. I flashed it with a mostly stock/template configuration file (almost straight from the github page) and I was able to get things like the LCD working, and I can send commands to motors and they move.

However, I can't ever send a command to reverse the motor. The board complains the endstops are triggered (I have none connected).

So okay, I do some research and find out that the endstops are normally closed switches. I take some jumper wires and wire the 1 and 3 pins of my Y and X min endstops. I do a M119 command, and no matter if the jumpers are there or not I get a "TRIGGERED" State on all of them...

Using my same config files, on a second ramps and arduino board I have, I experience the same result.

What am I doing wrong? How do I clear this triggered state? Note, that I don't actually have the board connected to a printer right now, Just a single motor I swap around to test the drivers, an LCD, and bits of jumper wire.
I've checked and the "Endstops_always_on_default" is still commented out

Thanks in advance, cheers!

------------------
Edit: I am an idiot... For some reason all of the diagrams I've seen say to connect the endstop switches to pins 1 and 3 of the endstop pins... However the firmware seems to specify pullups, which means that the pin will need to go to ground to register a state change... I connect pins 1 and 2 together and the state changes to "open"

My apologies everyone...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2017 05:51AM by fiveseven808.
Re: User Error? Endstops don't work
December 28, 2017 09:16AM
What firmware are you using, what configuration 3D Printer do you have.
December 28, 2017 01:03PM
I'm using Marlin 1.1.7 with a normal Cartesian/i3 type setup. But I ended up solving my own issue.
December 28, 2017 07:24PM
It always feels great when you find your own solutions.

Need any help just post!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login