Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mixed Bed leveling possible? (UBL and manual)

Posted by benj919 
Mixed Bed leveling possible? (UBL and manual)
December 25, 2017 02:11PM
Dear all
I'm retrofitting a printer with a BLTouch probe and have a question concerning the bed levelling with UBL.
The printer bed can be levelled using three thumb screws. Originally the bed was levelled from the lcd menu, where it first home all three axis, then moved the extruder above the three levelling screws and I could adjust the bed. Is it possible to configure this kind of levelling into UBL? While UBL takes care of the mesh generation and correction and does offer a three point update, I'd like to be able to physically "pre-level" the bed to a reasonable degree from time to time (not at the beginning of every print).

Thanks in advance
Re: Mixed Bed leveling possible? (UBL and manual)
December 25, 2017 07:45PM
Yes... Use G29 P1 U T That will start probing the bed with the points as far away from previously probed points as possible.

When you have 8 or 12 points.. It usually makes sense to stop the probing and do the physical adjustment of the bed.

And then do the command again until you have the bed as physically level as you can get it. At that point you can do a G29 P1 (with or without the U option) and probe to completion to generate your initial mesh.
Re: Mixed Bed leveling possible? (UBL and manual)
December 26, 2017 12:45PM
Thank you for this explanation. Not quite as comfortable as before but it is a workable solution for now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login