Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Incorrect scale in XY direction

Posted by Raxius 
Incorrect scale in XY direction
October 23, 2017 09:44PM
Hello all,

I recently updated my firmware to the newest version of marlin on my FLSun Kossel Delta Mini printer using this guide;

[github.com]

After I followed this and the calibration guide I printed the Advanced Delta Printer Calibration from Thingiverse. When I measured the distance between posts, it revealed that the part was roughly 2.45% smaller in X and Y but Z was the correct size. I tried to follow the guide on the thingiverse page to fix this, but it looks like it's not updated for this latest version of marlin.
Does anyone know how to fix this with the current version of Marlin?
I know there's now an auto calibrate feature, but I can't get it to work. I've made another post about that yesterday if you want more details on that problem.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Incorrect scale in XY direction
October 24, 2017 11:10AM
I don't know what controller your printer has, but I suggest you clear the eeprom and set back to all marlin defaults by M502 followed by M500 then follow the calibration page again.

[github.com]

Or if you cleared your eeprom via M502 last time, just re-calibrate X and Y again.

Its wise to M502 followed by M500 anytime you change versions of firmware before you calibrate.
It ensures all variables stored in eeprom are replaced by values the current firmware is expecting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2017 06:27PM by JustSumGuy.
Re: Incorrect scale in XY direction
October 25, 2017 11:04AM
Thanks for the tip. I recalibrated it and in the process found several other issues with the printer and the firmware, fixed all of them and found a post that said to proportionally adjust the delta rod length. Hopefully that's the last bit of fine tuning I need to do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login